The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the Charger 3 that bad? I'm guessing there will be a 3.1 next year.
As always I think it depends. On MTBR lots of riders are unimpressed with it. Dougal from Shockcraft in NZ is one as mentioned and he knows a thing or two about the topic.

I've got the Charger 3 damper on the Lyrik and it's actually pretty good. Not the last word in adjustability but I found the 2.1 Charger damper was woeful so opted for some aftermarket tuning on it to improve it.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Small update. Dorado.

Always wanted to try a dual crown fork but kept buying frames that were not approved so when I bought this one the fork was inevitable!

Dorado Expert 3.1kg
Zeb with Smashpot and tuned damper 2.9kg

Turns out my wheel with the 20mm hub is nearly 200gms lighter than the 15mm hub and wheel so no additional weight to the bike.

Shakedown run today with ballpark pressure (75psi I think) and damping settings. Yeah it’s good…really good. Rode my normal quick afternoon loop to make sure the steering lock wasn’t going to be an issue and it wasn’t. Climb trail with tight switchbacks no problem, although if you cocked up your line or went too slowly you might find yourself wanting more steering but on the whole it was unobtrusive.

Rock gardens and braking bumps dealt with….just dealt with. The level of calm at the front is sensational. This is how a fork should be. Everyone needs to try one of these. @ozzybmx got yours yet?
IMG_3998.jpeg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Small update. Dorado.

Always wanted to try a dual crown fork but kept buying frames that were not approved so when I bought this one the fork was inevitable!

Dorado Expert 3.1kg
Zeb with Smashpot and tuned damper 2.9kg

Turns out my wheel with the 20mm hub is nearly 200gms lighter than the 15mm hub and wheel so no additional weight to the bike.

Shakedown run today with ballpark pressure (75psi I think) and damping settings. Yeah it’s good…really good. Rode my normal quick afternoon loop to make sure the steering lock wasn’t going to be an issue and it wasn’t. Climb trail with tight switchbacks no problem, although if you cocked up your line or went too slowly you might find yourself wanting more steering but on the whole it was unobtrusive.

Rock gardens and braking bumps dealt with….just dealt with. The level of calm at the front is sensational. This is how a fork should be. Everyone needs to try one of these. @ozzybmx got yours yet?
View attachment 402146

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The level of calm at the front is sensational. This is how a fork should be. Everyone needs to try one of these. @ozzybmx got yours yet?
Where did you get your expert from ?

My Comp has been returned and splitting the Expert and wheels sets over 2 orders with a German seller but will get slugged GST on entry.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Where did you get your expert from ?

My Comp has been returned and splitting the Expert and wheels sets over 2 orders with a German seller but will get slugged GST on entry.
R2 bike.

My other German order is still sitting in Frankfurt :( it's much smaller so has potentially fallen down the side of the airport postal sorters sofa.

ozzybmx

R2 bike.

My other German order is still sitting in Frankfurt :( it's much smaller so has potentially fallen down the side of the airport postal sorters sofa.
Mine is coming from the same place. How much did you pay on entry ?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
No straight out of the box. I did speak with Nige and he said not to bother sending them to him, just ride it first as standard they are pretty much on point. After the first ride I agree!
He is impressed by them and said the same for us punters just to ride and enjoy. I mainly wanted to be sure on bushings and get a dyno. Glad I did as damper in the Pro can do some funny things, so I need to use HSC instead of LSC for more support.

ozzybmx

@kten your bike looks well with the regular decals, did you give the supplied stealth ones a thought ?

Than was the first thing I was going to do but after seeing your, it looks pretty good standard.

ozzybmx

Just noticed the postage for the split 3 wheel order was cheaper than the fork.

Seems it is 3 euro into the next bracket :rolleyes:

hfgdhgfhhdsh.jpg