VIC 10 foot tree Drop.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is my 10 foot tree drop project, it started on about the 30th of May. It's been a work in progress ever since. It hasn't been easy either, I've had a lot of help from my mate Goober, but the main problem is I'm mega scared of heights. I plan to build a dirt down ramp, it's not a huck to flat kind of thing. Now for some photos.

Before I started.

After I cut some branches back.

Once the ramp was up, sorry for the dark shots.

I accidentally set the tree on fire when I was burning the pile of wood along side it.

Update 6th July.
Down ramp.

The jump has been done although not all work has been finished.

Some film of the drop in action, will have some action shots up when I can be bothered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPshReNxfKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EqvVzhBgLg

Last edited:

notso

Likes Dirt
lots of hours gone into that I can see mate but it's just a really bad concept.

massive huck to flat anyone? I'll pass thanks mate

_Ajax_

Likes Dirt
Looks like a hell of a lot of work you did their, good job. I like the look of those jumps in the back ground aswell.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
My only concern would have to the fact that you will lose all your speed before you hit the drop, leaving your nose to dip eventually leading to a catastrophic ass over bars situation!

Unless of course you have a nice little downhill run in towards it, could n't see one from the pics....
But hey, you have done a nice job there Jake, should look pretty decent once finished!

Cheers,
Ty. ;)

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Level.

My only concern would have to the fact that you will lose all your speed before you hit the drop, leaving your nose to dip eventually leading to a catastrophic ass over bars situation!

Unless of course you have a nice little downhill run in towards it, could n't see one from the pics....
But hey, you have done a nice job there Jake, should look pretty decent once finished!

Cheers,
Ty. ;)

It levels out at the top before the drop so you wont nose it.
Also there is a slight slope going into the ramp.

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
sick little drop and alot of effort would have been put into that...
nice DJ track in background

Curlz12

Likes Dirt
Man that looks soooooooo sweet and fun.
GOOD JOB looks like a lot of hard work went into it. (specially setting it on fire =P)

Im up for hucking with Zyphryss =D

So jealous. Wish my back yard was like that.

GEOFF DOOM

Likes Dirt
you are my idol!
i want a big ass drop in my backyard too :D
i think i would probs drop that to flat, just for shits and giggles :p

awesome job mate

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is my 10 foot tree drop project, it started on about the 30th of May. It's been a work in progress ever since. It hasn't been easy either, I've had a lot of help from my mate Goober, but the main problem is I'm mega scared of heights. I plan to build a dirt down ramp, it's not a huck to flat kind of thing. Now for some photos.

Before I started.

After I cut some branches back.

Once the ramp was up, sorry for the dark shots.

I accidentally set the tree on fire when I was burning the pile of wood along side it.

So you were harming a perfectly good tree for a pointless drop, thats on the flat, and your lighting fires? I hope its on private property so your stupidness doesn't affect others.

GEOFF DOOM

Likes Dirt
So you were harming a perfectly good tree for a pointless drop, thats on the flat, and your lighting fires? I hope its on private property so your stupidness doesn't affect others.
dude, he said he was going to build a downramp, and its in his backyard.

and also im sure the tree is proud of the fact its holding up a wonderfull peice of gravity fed fun :D

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dude, he said he was going to build a downramp, and its in his backyard.

and also im sure the tree is proud of the fact its holding up a wonderfull peice of gravity fed fun :D
If its in his backyard then thats fine, but touching the tree wasn't needed for that drop.

If it had have been anywhere other than his back yard that would be a big no no.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Burn.

If its in his backyard then thats fine, but touching the tree wasn't needed for that drop.

If it had have been anywhere other than his back yard that would be a big no no.

If you did read what i said "I accidentally set the tree on fire", I was burning the off cuts next to it and the wind changed, I didn't mean to burn it at all. But it's going to be ok, it only singed the bark, it's still as green as ever.

Also there is no other damage being done to the tree, nothing screwed into it at all, it's just sitting in the branch.

Thanks for the comments on it everyone. I am quite prowed to have it in my back yard. And anyone can feel free to come huck off it to flat on two conditions, you have an MTBA card and I can film it. :rolleyes:

I will have the down ramp started as soon as I get our tractor back.

Will have new photos up then too.

Thanks, Jake.