100mm forks on a ns. suburban frame or not

DJ SLOPE STYLE

Likes Bikes
hey
i have just started to getin to DJ and im about to custom build my own bike im
using a NS suburban frame and im thinking of puting 100mm travel rock shok argyles
should i or not and will the suburban frame be able to have 100mm forks on it or will it break the head tube ??? :cool:
thanks

Barrington

Likes Dirt
do some research before posting, i typed 'ns suburban' into google images and heaps of pics came up of a suburban with 100mm travel forks.

Anyway, ive never had any experience whatsoever with this frame, let alone much djing, but im pretty sure this frame is made of steel (almost unbreakable), and is designed to take a fork of like 80 to 100mm travel.

Seriously though, before you post things asking for help, research it on here or on google first. You will most likely find something, if not, thats when you post here.

nibbZ

Likes Dirt
i am in the same boat, the sub i think is better with 80 mm travel but some good forks i found were the shermans can run from 80 to 140 so not bad option.

The_Guy

Likes Dirt
geo will be better with 80mm but 100mm isnt too bad also,
im running 100mm on my subby and it still goes hard :D

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You want to build a bike and you can't work out for yourself if 100mm forks will go on a NS suburban? Pretty much the most standard, simplest, most common set-up on any 'custom' dj bike on the market right now/ever.

Can you see what's wrong with this? Have you even researched any other frames, or, did you see someones FULLY SICK ns suburban in the PYR section and now you want to build one so you can be radCORE. Building a bike isn't as simple as ticking a few boxes and having them all arrive and fit well together.

There are many different standard sizes for things, considering you can't work out that a standard dj fork will go on a dj bike. I doubt you'll be able to work out the difference between mid/spanish/euro/us bottom brackets, spindle types, mtb vs bmx sprocket mounts, lengths and widths. And that's just the crank/bb area.

*deep breath*

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You want to build a bike and you can't work out for yourself if 100mm forks will go on a NS suburban? Pretty much the most standard, simplest, most common set-up on any 'custom' dj bike on the market right now/ever.

Can you see what's wrong with this? Have you even researched any other frames, or, did you see someones FULLY SICK ns suburban in the PYR section and now you want to build one so you can be radCORE. Building a bike isn't as simple as ticking a few boxes and having them all arrive and fit well together.

There are many different standard sizes for things, considering you can't work out that a standard dj fork will go on a dj bike. I doubt you'll be able to work out the difference between mid/spanish/euro/us bottom brackets, spindle types, mtb vs bmx sprocket mounts, lengths and widths. And that's just the crank/bb area.

*deep breath*
Quoted for truth.