12 Apostles MTB race

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Could be interesting -> http://12apostlesmtb.com.au/

Bit light on info right now - hopefully their website will contain more content sooner rather then later.

3 day stage race 23-25 Nov. Never ridden down there before - anyone had knowledge of the trails there?

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Sounds great its a pity it will more than likely clash with the 24hr race at Redesdale which is generally on the last weekend of November, if it was on the weekend before would be a great warm up event to the 24hr race.

$300 entry for the 3 day event, for what looks to be 50-60km races each day!!

Last edited:

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
$300 entry for the 3 day event, for what looks to be 50-60km races each day!!
If the 3 stages is say total 180km in distance, thats like $1.66/km - more then current petrol prices :) The Wombat50 was $95 so this is better value in that way.

Then one needs to add in accomodation, food and travel costs. Still happy to keep an open mind at this stage.

Last edited:

fergo

Likes Dirt
The following weekend is the Forrest Festival. Lots of riding in the Otways and Shipwreck coast!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
More info on the site today, the scenery looks pretty speccy! Just trying to understand the logistics like accommodation-i think the FAQ needs a few updates *hint hint*. Each stage seems to be in slightly different locations?
Am not really a camper, I like a few more creature comforts so knowing which town to stay for each stage would help:)

Last edited:

at the drive in

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have anymore details for this event???

Its fast approaching and details are few and few between on the website.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What details did you require? I found everything I needed on the website and their facebook/twitter pages.

For those wondering you don't need a support crew. Just book accomodation for Friday/Saturday night in Port Campbell and you'll be fine. Drive to start on Friday and leave car there. Shuttle bus back after the race to collect car. All racing on Saturday is around Port Campbell so no driving required. Drive to start on Sunday then finish back at car and drive home.