mmm..beer

Likes Bikes
I absolutely agree with majority of the coments sp far, apart from blaming the workers... Its not their fault they get killed in that manner.

I don't know what the job rate is over there but if unemployment is high theres probably not much choice for these guys.... boss says kill dolphin with machete so they do it... I'm sure they love to have the animals sedated and killed humanely, but the facilities are just not provided for that to happen.

As much as that movie made me angry, none of it was toward the workers. If push came to shove and i needed to put food in my families mouth i'd do whatever i had to...

sim_doggy

Likes Dirt
that footage was very disturbing. just really shows how out of touch the japanese are. bastards:mad:
All to true, it pretty hard to comprehend someone killing a dolphin, but killing one in the way is disgusting.Makes you have some seriously racist thoughts about the Japanese.

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do people slaughter innocent dolphins and not even think 'Why am I doing this?'
In the first video, a school boy walks right past a slaghtered dolphin and acts like it's every day life.
Brings a tear to my eye.
This is their life, their culture, their history. They've done this for centuries on end, not to the extent or horrific amounts that are able to be done today due to technology advancements, but it has become a socially accepted part of life amongst most of the Japanese society, Shark meat, whale meat, turtle meat etc, all are considered delacasse's(sp?) in their culture. Who are we to say whats right or wrong, by no means am I supporting or even condoning what they are doing as 'right' or 'acceptable', I think its bloody disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to happen, but who are we to question ones culture?

And again, before someone thinks I'm sick and twisted, I'll state again, I DON'T agree with their culture, but I'm not one to question their culture.

Dug

Likes Dirt
To say the least deply disturbing...We have to eat but do we need to tourture our prey.....very disturbing indeed:(

chino79

Likes Dirt
god damn murdering mother fuckers!!!

obviously 2 atomic bombs wasn't enough.
How about you pull your head in:mad:
Do you know anything about Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Do you know anything about the Japanese people?
Not all Japanese people are responsible for the slaughter of dolphins and whales.
All the people who post racist comments maybe you should re read the rules.
I do agree to the outrage of the slaughter of whales and dolphins. This is one of the ugly sides to Japanese culture. So let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater and blame the Japanese people as a whole. Focus your outrage at the corporations responsible for profiting on this disgusting trade.

The fishermen who do this have most likely been born in to this industry and do not see it as cruel. This is not there fault, Slitting there throats will not help the situation all the people who have this sort of view do not help the cause.
I also think that people should not be surprised by this kind of brutality, humans are a brutal breed.

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If they killed these animals in a less-disturbing way, and in a way that the animal would die without expiriencing pain, I'd be slightly more inclined to care less.

Animals have feelings too. Don't forget them.

lucky13

Likes Dirt
How about you pull your head in:mad:
Do you know anything about Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Do you know anything about the Japanese people?
Not all Japanese people are responsible for the slaughter of dolphins and whales.
All the people who post racist comments maybe you should re read the rules.
I do agree to the outrage of the slaughter of whales and dolphins. This is one of the ugly sides to Japanese culture. So let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater and blame the Japanese people as a whole. Focus your outrage at the corporations responsible for profiting on this disgusting trade.

The fishermen who do this have most likely been born in to this industry and do not see it as cruel. This is not there fault, Slitting there throats will not help the situation all the people who have this sort of view do not help the cause.
I also think that people should not be surprised by this kind of brutality, humans are a brutal breed.
how dare you call me a racist!!!
i'm made up of so many different races i would be hating myself.

my comments were directed at japan but not because they are asian, it's because they are 1 country that continually causes outrage with regards to treatment of animals.

anyone who eats dolphin products is responsible for the acts of the fisherman in the video, not just the corporations you speak of.

to say the fishermen were probably born into their job so it's not their fault is fucking ridiculous. what if they were born into a serial killer family? would it then sit well with you?

as for telling me to pull my head in, it's easy to be a hero behing a keyboard isn't it.

chino79

Likes Dirt

my comments were directed at japan but not because they are asian, it's because they are 1 country that continually causes outrage with regards to treatment of animals.

anyone who eats dolphin products is responsible for the acts of the fisherman in the video, not just the corporations you speak of.

to say the fishermen were probably born into their job so it's not their fault is fucking ridiculous. what if they were born into a serial killer family? would it then sit well with you?

as for telling me to pull my head in, it's easy to be a hero behing a keyboard isn't it.
Were you comments not directed at the Japanese people?
Do all Japanese people eat Dolphin and whale meat?
I don’t think I am trying to be a hero, I would be happy to tell you to pull your head in to your face, in regards to your previous comments.
Just because you are multi racial does not mean you comments were not racist.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight

Ok hot shot, enlighten all of us to how this is linked to the A-bomb? Ill stop short of calling you racist, but that was pretty poor taste in an already sensitive thread.

EDIT - ive not watched the vid, nor do I intend to, but I have to ask anyway. How legitimate are these films? I hear a fair few of them are "dramatised" for shock factor to convert people to vegetarianism (the cow slaughter comes to mind) or what ever "worldly" cause they are promoting. Im not in any way, shape, or form condoning the torture of animals, but the pessimist in me always questions the motives and/or techniques of the film makers.

Last edited:
I

izac

That is very disturbing and so cruel. Watching vids on animal cruelty always is very disturbing to watch for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dug

Likes Dirt
Getting carried away arn't we now kiddies... Me thinks the issue here is cruelty, not racial, not killing but cruelty to ANY other living thing. The comparison and remarks with the atomic bombs that were dropped in WW2 is I feel an unfair one. This type of thinking ,going tit for tat just causes more situations that cause more war,violence and racial acts of terror. Lets not add to the sum total of these malignent aspects of human behaviour. If you really want to help chuck a couple of dollars at the fund set up to stop this killing.

I'd say a more positive act eh;)

NeeBean

Likes Dirt
What the FU%^, they didnt even kill them before the put em in trucks, drag em alive behind the truck or when they started cutting them. I i were in Japan at the time i would fkn kill everyone of those asians.

crash bandicoot

Likes Dirt
Not wanting to step on anyones toes, but have you ever been to a slaughter house, sorry, there now called processing factories, and seen chickens or pigs or cows being slaughtered. It may not happen out in the open with cameras watching but the processes are similar, hang the live chickens up by their feet on a conveyor belt then feed them through a machine that slices off their heads. Very humane.
It's probably all a matter of culture and perspective.
Cultures that see certain animals as food are generaly not bothered how their meat is processed as long as it arrives wrapped in glad wrap on a nice white tray.
Whereas cultures that see these animals as pets or cute are usaully horrified at the percieved inhumane practices.
So next time you are digging into a big mac or chicken mcnugget spare a though for the cute little animals that were cruelly slaughtered for your eating pleasure.

Last edited:

chino79

Likes Dirt
What the FU%^, they didnt even kill them before the put em in trucks, drag em alive behind the truck or when they started cutting them. I i were in Japan at the time i would fkn kill everyone of those asians.
Yeah that will fix everything.
12. No sexist, racist or homophobic content of any sort will be tolerated. This applies to ALL forums.
Above is taken from the rules, would you like a link?
These kind of statements do not help the cause. If the people who are against whale and dolphin killing go around making these racist comments they will only discredit themselves and the cause.

I also watched the clip; yes it does make me angry.
Also would you really kill them all?:rolleyes:

the F.H.B

Likes Dirt
Maybe instead of just spouting off self rightous tripe you should do something about it!?!
Sign a petition, raise awareness in your school/workplace, write to your local MP...

If your truly that offended dont just winge about it, push for change. Although I would never put any animal in the same regard as humans you can look the situation with black rights in South Africa for example. For years the white people got away with with treating the Negroes like animals until people (like you and me) rose up and pressured their govenments into taking actions. As much as we would like to deny it nothing would have changed if we had just stood back and said "she'll be right, the polititions will sort it out..."

So if you really want to pressure the Jap's into stopping treating animals like they do, start by working out what you can do. Dont buy Japanese products, dont buy Japanese cars etc etc... So no Shimano, Sony, Toyota, Nissan etc

Any idiot can sit there and type that they should have dropped more A-bombs on the Japs (the simple fact you would say that proves you really are an idiot), But it takes true dedication to actually do something about an issue like this.

Last edited:

gorilla

Likes Bikes
how about laying off my brother (lucky).

he is definately no racist (our family is made up of scottish, spanish and koori by the way). he just loves all the critters and reacted angrily to that video.

also, calling him an idiot is not cool. he is far from that.

there have been some racist comments in this thread that i dont agree with, but none were made by my bro.(he would of been just as pissed off with england if it was them doing the same thing).

as for petitions, if japan wont abide by international laws what makes you think a petition would change their ways? contacting your local member is an even bigger joke (it's hard enough to get some speed bumps near my nephew's school).

now i'm not saying bombing is the answer (and i dont believe my hippy brother does either), i actually agree that a boycott of japanese products would work best. it would be extremely dificult though.

if only our government had the balls to refuse to trade with them (did we trade with south africa during aparthied? i'm not sure).

anyway, that's my 2c.

Last edited:

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
If they killed these animals in a less-disturbing way, and in a way that the animal would die without expiriencing pain, I'd be slightly more inclined to care less.

Animals have feelings too. Don't forget them.
I'd say thats the main thing with this. I mean if they got the dolphins out the water and shot them dead, it would be a quick and relatively painless death. Whereas there doing this instead.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
how about laying off my brother (lucky).

he is definately no racist (our family is made up of scottish, spanish and koori by the way). he just loves all the critters and reacted angrily to that video.

also, calling him an idiot is not cool. he is far from that (he got most of the brains in our family).

there have been some racist comments in this thread that i dont agree with, but none were made by my bro.(he would of been just as pissed off with england if it was them doing the same thing).

as for petitions, if japan wont abide by international laws what makes you think a petition would change their ways? contacting your local member is an even bigger joke (it's hard enough to get some speed bumps near my nephew's school).

now i'm not saying bombing is the answer (and i dont believe my hippy brother does either), i actually agree that a boycott of japanese products would work best. it would be extremely dificult though.

if only our government had the balls to refuse to trade with them (did we trade with south africa during aparthied? i'm not sure).

anyway, that's my 2c.
Doesnt matter who he is mate, even if he is your brother. The fact remains he made some obviously idiotic comments which could quite easily be interpreted as racist, then once challenged, tried to defend them - enivitabley failing. If hes the brains in the family, then... well the rest of you lucked out.

Instead of telling us how to act, why not straighten your brother out. Everyone was emotionally moved by this thread, but thats no excuse to go talking the way he did.