150mm Chris King dropping soon.

rockyash

Likes Dirt
Start saving.

Chris King Precision Components will announce and release for sale a 150mm rear ISO hub model at this weekend’s Downieville Classic in Downieville, California. Designed for freeride and downhill bikes, the ISO 150 is the latest addition to the renowned line of King ISO disc hubs.

The ISO 150 will be a popular choice for pairing with King’s proven front ISO 20mm.

Featuring an aluminum hubshell and spinning on reliable Chris King stainless steel sealed bearings, the King ISO 150 rear hub will be seen first by attendees and participants of the feel-good mountain bike celebration of the West. The weekend event, home to a 17-mile downhill race, will also see Chris King behind the griddle serving up his famous pancakes for breakfast and fajitas for lunch to all.

The ISO 150 rear hub joins the King line-up of ISO disc hubs including ISO Disc front (110mm QR) and rear (135mm QR & Bolt-on), ISO 20mm front hub and ISO 24mm front hub.

Specifications
•150mm Over Lock Nut Dimension designed for 12mm thru-axle frames.
•One-piece, 19.5mm constant diameter axle, (outside diameter, through bearings to dropouts).
•32 & 36 hole drilling available.
•9 available colors.
•336 grams.
•MSRP:
Standard-$369.00 (USD)
Stainless Steel Driveshell Option-$399.00 (USD)

Features
•Adjustable bearing pre-load with no rear wheel or rotor removal using 2.5mm hex-head wrench.
•RingDriveTM engagement mechanism offers instant, positive engagement and is capable of handling a torque load of over 800 ft/lbs. Steel driveshell upgrade available.
•User serviceable.
•5-year warranty.

About Chris King Precision Components
Founded in 1976, Chris King Precision Components is widely recognized as a leading manufacturer of precision bicycle components and is located in Portland, Oregon, often noted as North America’s best city for bicycling. The company provides product sales and service support to over 3000
authorized dealers throughout the United States and to distributors in 24 countries worldwide. Chris King was inducted into the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame in 2006 for his contributions to product development and mountain bike advocacy.

taken from: www.whistlerdiaries.com

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I purchased one of these 3 months ago and they have been forsale overseas and on ebay for atleast 6 months.

Is this the australian release.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Here is my rant...

F*%k chris king.

They haven't cared about the DH or FR scene over the last 5 years instead focusing on the XC scene only, making 135mm qr hubs or 10mm bolt up, they even made a 24mm maverick XC fork hub but refused to make ANY DH parts.

All the hoopla about a chris king 150mm hub, who cares, 150mm hubs have been around for over 5 years, this is nothing new and just shows how totally out of step and out of date the company has become.

All they have done is re-write the cnc program to redo the shell a little, and it takes them all this time to do it? What have they been doing? Working on the king ISIS bottom bracket i assume.........

Kings are over priced, way, way over priced for what they are and are so far behind innovating anything its not funny. I would prefer to buy a brand of hub that has supported the scene, DT swiss, hadley, hope and even the new industry 9 wheels. Thats my 2 cents.

kore23

Likes Dirt
Dave, That would be either a fake or modified hub.

CK does not yet make a 150mm straight out of the package.

I think they would also list it on there .com site if it were already made.

http://www.chrisking.com/hubs/hbs_ISO_disc.html

They look very nice though, may look into getting one.:)
Tyre kicker.....you won't buy one :p

....Shit now i have to get new hubs...been waiting for these for ages!

I know King is sh*t at keeping up with standards...but my old ISO CK hubs were magical.....6 years without fail....

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dave, That would be either a fake or modified hub.

CK does not yet make a 150mm straight out of the package.

I think they would also list it on there .com site if it were already made.

So how is it that I got one from www.beyondbikes.com over two months ago. And no its not a fake.

Its exactly the same as above.

nomis7

Banned
Tyre kicker.....you won't buy one :p

....Shit now i have to get new hubs...been waiting for these for ages!

I know King is sh*t at keeping up with standards...but my old ISO CK hubs were magical.....6 years without fail....
Love you too Cory.:p

So how is it that I got one from www.beyondbikes.com over two months ago. And no its not a fake.

Its exactly the same as above.
Ey ey ey,

Let's not get going all snappy hear Dave.:D

But yes, your argument stands Dave why do BB sell them?:eek:

Sam.

Eats Squid
F*%k chris king.

They haven't cared about the DH or FR scene over the last 5 years instead focusing on the XC scene only, making 135mm qr hubs or 10mm bolt up, they even made a 24mm maverick XC fork hub but refused to make ANY DH parts.

All the hoopla about a chris king 150mm hub, who cares, 150mm hubs have been around for over 5 years, this is nothing new and just shows how totally out of step and out of date the company has become.

All they have done is re-write the cnc program to redo the shell a little, and it takes them all this time to do it? What have they been doing? Working on the king ISIS bottom bracket i assume.........

Kings are over priced, way, way over priced for what they are and are so far behind innovating anything its not funny. I would prefer to buy a brand of hub that has supported the scene, DT swiss, hadley, hope and even the new industry 9 wheels. Thats my 2 cents.
They don't need to, sure there is a big market for the 150mm hubs but they are already doing enough for the mtb world imo... simply look at their headsets, and besides it is likely that they were already making enough money out of other parts... Even if these hubs are pieces of poo people are still likely to purchase them because they are King. So I guess you can rant aas much as you want but they are still bringing in the big ones.

I still would preffer to buy a Hadley though.

Last edited:

kore23

Likes Dirt
I purchased one of these 3 months ago and they have been forsale overseas and on ebay for atleast 6 months.

Is this the australian release.
sweet the 150mm isnt on their site, did you email them to get it or what?

Last edited:

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, I justed email www.beyondbikes.com asking for a blue 150x12mm rear chris king hub and it show up over 2 months ago.

It wasnt a problem, they just placed the order and it was delivered.
I thought you got Hadley hubs? looks like I'm outa the loop :eek:

Anywayz as far as I'm concerned if I didn't already have a very nice Hadley on my DH bike then the King would be my 1st choice, I've been running the 135mm version on my trials bike going on 5 years now and its never given me any trouble at all and it gets put under some serious stress riding trials!

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
[$@M];1034073 said:
They don't need to, sure there is a big market for the 150mm hubs but they are already doing enough for the mtb world imo... simply look at their headsets
Their headsets are not that fantastic. FSA makes headsets that are just as light, made from 7075 and have angular contact bearings with just as good quality.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Their headsets are not that fantastic. FSA makes headsets that are just as light, made from 7075 and have angular contact bearings with just as good quality.
Yes but, that wasn't your original point, your point was that they haven't even done anything for the DH/freeride world for the past 5 years, sure no new product but I still see alot of DH bikes with king headsets. One would say that you only pay for the bling and I am sure some do... I for one agree with you and would much rather purchase a FSA because of price and quality. My point was that they are likely to be raking in the dollars and didn't see a need for new product.

Bodin

GMBC
King headsets are for old bastards like me that like reliving the "glory days" and think of any part that outlives a frame as an old friend. King components have a habit of doing this, so they're fine by me.

I've forgotten how much my Kind headset cost because it was quite a while ago. I went with DT240 hubs for my last wheelbuild, but that's only because they were sitting there in the shop. If there'd been a set of King hubs next to them, I would have ignored the DTs, regardless of any price difference. Not necessarily because I thought they were better - just because they were King.

It's silly, I know, but cycling's not ALL about function, y'know!

wombat

Lives in a hole
If I could afford it, I'd buy King simply for their manufacturing techniques and environmental consciousness.
I thought a stinking hippy like you would have felt the same?:p