150mm Rear Axle

Jezza1006

Likes Dirt
I searched "150 Rear Axle" and all it came up with was what it is so

My situation is that I've broken my rear rim while practicing at Stromlo. I've learned my lesson so I now want to buy some spare built wheels for when I go racing.

Replacing my rear wheel is easy because I can use the hub that is already on my bike, but for the spare rear wheel I dont know what to do. The mechanic at the store in Canberra said it was really hard to get ur hands on a 150mm rear hub sow where do I look? And what brands are better than others for 150mm hubs?

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a 150mm

hey all I know is that my bike has a 150mm rear axle. Sun Ringle Abbah SOS 150x12 mm thru axle, 32H. i dunno if that's any help. catch:)

Bowlo

Eats Squid
There is alot of different 150x12mm hubs:

A2Z
Generic
Formula
Hadley *Very Very good quality*
I think Chris King makes a 150x12 rear hub
Ringle
Hope

If you have the dosh... Go a Hadley, Hope or Chris King. I don't know much about this topic but its a start :D

Jezza1006

Likes Dirt
This is what I'm looking at buying, I really dont have a huge amount of cash and the da bomb rim is really just in case i break my front rim while racing.

I got these hubs because they are very cheap and they apparently aren't too bad either

comments and criticism would be appreciated

cheers

Attachments

Big_Al

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a DT swiss 340 rear hub and it is 150mm. it is probably the best hub i have owned.. They last for ages and are super great quality
also the 440 hubs are amazing

beno

Cycle Solutions
i have a DT swiss 340 rear hub and it is 150mm. it is probably the best hub i have owned.. They last for ages and are super great quality
also the 440 hubs are amazing
The quality of DT is really good, the problem I have with them is the flange spacing, whats the point of having a 150mm hub with the flange spacing(gap between the spoke holes on both sides of the hub) of a 135mm hub?? With a wider flange you can use equal or near equal length spokes and have a MUCH more solid rear wheel. DT use nearly the same spacing as their 135 hubs and have a wide gap to the disc mount, seems like a bit of a waste to me!

Sorry for getting off topic! Just erks me is all, specially for the $$$.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive never run a hugi rear hub, but i was amazed at how quickly the bearings died in a 440 front hub. only a few months... not good for an expensive hub.

ive got a ringle 150 rear hub now, its been alright but ive heard bad things about their freewheels.

ive heard good things about hope rear 150 hubs, cheap through chainreaction too. $250.

and no... unfortunetly, king dont make a 150 rear hub. damn it would be expensive though... and incredibly good...

IGUANA

Likes Bikes
Hope Colours

I've been researching hubs too & I'm going for the Hope Pro II front & rear in 150mm. The only thing I'm undecided on is colour. Can anyone give me some links to photos of the the coloured hubs? I've seen black & blue so far

udi

swiss cheese
Check out beyondbikes.com - cheapest I've seen the hope pro II + the shipping of course.
Don't check out beyondbikes - in fact stay as far away from those guys as possible. Horrible service, horrible support, long shipping times, and monkeys working in the service department. It's so bad that I seriously don't know how they can get away with it. There's a huge thread on ridemonkey listing everyone's horror stories with BB.

Use CRC or something instead. They have good prices on hope hubs.

As for the hub colours, do a search - there was a thread about exactly that not long ago and we posted pics of all the different proII colours. I saw someone post the two pics just recently too.