16 inch freeride/dh

north_shore

Likes Dirt
I am thinking of designing and building a 16 inch mini dual suspension freeride/dh bike. has anyone ever done this before and anny thaughts or coments would be greatly apreciated.

tomass

Likes Dirt
I would imagine that it would pretty hard, with such a small frame you probaly wont fit a rear shock in. Have you got any designs yet of what your thinking of making

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
small bike

iv seen ppl make dh bikes out of k mart bike like buting big forks on and 2 springs in the back .but i dont think there is a dh/fr bike what u are talking about. if you go in to vid theres is a movie on side dosent matter watch that.

alister

Likes Dirt
If you do end up doing this you have to put 8inch discs on..

it will stop on a dime and just look purely insane. :D

north_shore

Likes Dirt
tomass said:
I would imagine that it would pretty hard, with such a small frame you probaly wont fit a rear shock in. Have you got any designs yet of what your thinking of making
yeah i do have a few designs. ill post them up when ive fineshed them of in a proper cad drawing program . the design is gonna be pretty simple because it dosnt need to be fantastic.

alister said:
If you do end up doing this you have to put 8inch discs on..

it will stop on a dime and just look purely insane.
yeah ill probably put some cheep mechanical disc bracke on it but i was thinking of putting a custom built 11 inch rotor on and make my own mount for it.

Jacko Wacko

Banned
born2ride and i had awsome 16" duallys! it had axiom bars nice seat + buckled wheels! if i can find some i'll post pics for your inspiration!

Last edited:

Regan

Eats Squid
S_M_I_D_D_Y said:
i think i saw regan out at killingworth with a 16" with a cheap mtb shock in it. sumthin like a OEM fox i think?
Na, that was a 20" with a blown DNM...:D The swing arm had more sideways movement then up and down...

north_shore

Likes Dirt
Jacko Wacko said:
Here they are!
hey looks great, did you do all the designing and building yourself ?
how much travel dose it have and do u still have it?
it a similar sort of design that i am gonna be using to make mine.

Jacko Wacko

Banned
we didn't actually make them... it was from Target but then we put new bars, seat, stem, stickers and fox 36's! i can remember the name of it but if you pm born2ride he might still remember

and no i don't still have it, but for the right price i could get it back, it would never be in as good condition again thoaugh! :( i'll see what i can do

Im starting to think thats a good idea. I've always loved and thrashed my 16"s. Does anyone know if you can buy good forks for 16" like the ones on the stinky J.R.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
16"

If you want to get hardcore with your 16"ers in my lbs they used to have a little 16" hardcore BMX, anbd i was thinking about using that and chucking some forkls on.

On a different note ive got a little 16" cruiser, just banged on some 100mm RST's and now its seriously raked.....i'll get some pics up sometime