'17 Reign Adv 1

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out with the old, in with the new. Decided to treat myself to a new bike and upsize in the process. No idea how I managed on a large before - the XL fits so well. Spec is stock for the most part apart from the usual personal touches (cockpit, tyres etc.) Float X2 is an absolute gem, same goes for the 36. Only thing left to do is swap over the dropper lever to the command post one I have sitting here.

Spec round up as follows:
Reign Adv 1 - XL
Full XT groupset
Fox 36 & X2
Giant Dropper w/ Spesh command post lever
Giant carbon wheelset
Maxxis rubber
Kore / Race face 35mm cockpit, Tifly saddle
p4pb14074841.jpg
p4pb14074838.jpg

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

She's a great looking whip! How big a difference did the XL make for you?

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks great Hayden! the colour is not too far departed from the old mango :D
Gotta be seen somehow!

Looking good, I like the colour. Are you going to attempt to gap that water?
That would be a negative

It that fork the Grip damper 36?
Ahhhh..?
One thing I do know is that the X2 needs many many volume reducers from stock, already bottomed it a few times and am yet to take it off anything exciting

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice ride mate, loving this colour. How tall are you?
6ft4

Got the big rig dialled in finally (updated pics 1st post). Few tweaks to the shock tune including some more spacers (up to 4 from 2 stock) has done wonders. That along with the Spesh Command Post lever + ODI grips have got me content for the time being. Now I've just got to hope the X2 decides not to grenade on me and I'll be set.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
great looking bike! orange and black makes a nice combo, IMO. and there's room for a bottle mount too :thumb:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks good mate. I don't know how you put up with the monarch for so long, mine is horrid on my 2016 adv 0. Just bought a ccdb only 6 weeks in.
It was a step up from the RP23 that was on my trance before that, so in my eyes it was a big step up. I got mine feeling pretty good after NSD did their magic on it but yes the X2 poops all over the mon+ after having the same treatment