175mm - 200mm Dropper Post with External Routing?

theallcreator

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

I'm a tall rider looking for a dropper post with external cable routing for my 2011 StumpJumper. I have a Command post at the moment, but it's too small, 125mm travel still leaves 100mm of seatpost sticking out above the seat tube at my preferred riding height.

I had to get a new cable for the post so I could raise it enough, so cable activated is almost preferred.

I've seen some releases from 9point8 that have the travel length I'm after, but no external routing.

Any suggestions?

madstace

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

I'm a tall rider looking for a dropper post with external cable routing for my 2011 StumpJumper. I have a Command post at the moment, but it's too small, 125mm travel still leaves 100mm of seatpost sticking out above the seat tube at my preferred riding height.

I had to get a new cable for the post so I could raise it enough, so cable activated is almost preferred.

I've seen some releases from 9point8 that have the travel length I'm after, but no external routing.

Any suggestions?
According to this article, 9point8 have some coming next year. Doesn't mention what sizes but I'd assume the same as the internal models. Only other one I can think of that has external routing is the Moveloc Vecnum, but it is a fixed (4) position one.