1991 Bell Mountain Bike Nationals Goulburn

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did anyone enter this?

I did! I waas just going through my sticker collection to look for something odd to stick on my BMX frame and I found these massive stickers:

I'm pretty sure I still have my number somewhere, and I know a guy (used to know, not seen him in years) who has pictures and perhaps even a results sheet. I'm trying to contact him through Facebook at the moment. Should be fun :)

Are there still trails to be ridden there? I remembered it as being a pretty damn hardcore downhill course. I loved it. Even though I loved DH back then I went pretty shit and did a lot better in the uphill race. I came 13th (I overtook 3 people walking my Cannondale on my shoulder up a technical section lol).

Ah the memories. I'm off to eBay to go hunt down some vintage 91 Deore Xt thumbies now :)

mtb1611

Seymour
I wasn't there, but I raced a Nats round there in 1993 in massive bloody winds, hated it! Plus those funny little yurt cottage thingoes in the middle of the bush were a bit unsettling...:eek:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im pretty sure i was down there for that.. not riding just as spectator. As i was just a kid.
Would have been around that year for sure?!

Not sure if the track is still used.. definitely private track.. crazy yurts!

Captain Kirk

Likes Bikes
Hey Hey, way cool :cool::cool:
I wasn't there for 1991, remeember seeing the pics in the mags at the time.
Was the next race at Yurt 1993 like mtb1611 remembers ? I raced against (take that as lapped by) Scott Stewart, John Guy, Phil Hannam.

If you find your mate with the results please post :)

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will post all that I can find, for sure. I'd just love to go back and do those trails again... so it's all privatised now? That's horrible news!