1996 Cairns World pics... Anyone got any?

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, I am super keen to see any photo's from the 1996 world cup at cairns. We soo need to get the WC back in australia!

ego

Likes Bikes
Have you emailed Cairns Mtb Website

Heres the address

http://www.cairns.aust.com/mtbclub/

DOM

Eats Squid
Turley.

I cried when i saw this topic.

I had heaps of pics ... pics of mccarrol on scott .. pics of Shawn Palmer on his first intense ... i had pics of myself with Mike King and Brian Lopes ... Missy Giove .. Leigh Donovan .. pics of Scott Sharples beasty Diamond Back ...but somewhere in the years they have gone missing :( ... tomorrow when it's light and i can see if spiders are on me .. ill dive into some old boxes and have a look around.

DOM

Eats Squid
yeah i spent every farkin day for 2 weeks there haha mates dad was a fire fighter so we got smuggled in via fire truck

Best damm 2 weeks ..

Ivan

Eats Squid
I was there and loving it.. i remeber i was blown away when i seen palmer land after ronnings ramp on his intense.. that much travel was unheard of... best MTB experience yet.! :D

Stinky

Likes Dirt
I was t there. Supposed to go for the week before and then back to work for race weekend (McCafferty' + School holidays = no time off). That was until I decided to race the Dual Slalom and went over the bars on Double Dingo (I think that was the name of the last double).

Blown AC Joint = medical certificate = time off for race weekend.

Great atmosphere, Great tracks, Great beers in the Diamond Back trackside pool.

dodgy_bob_1

Likes Dirt
Plenty of em

i was there and have about 50 or 100 pics of everyone from XC and DH have some really nice ones of nic V,m king,lopes,donovan,missy,baz and all your old school favourites, only thing is that they are all on paper and not digi pics.

N!CK

Squid
I've still got my pics somewhere, I'll try and dig them out. Can't believe I didn't get one of Palmer :/ Most of them were taken on the straight just down from cyclone, I think I have Nico, King, Lopes, Ronning and a few others there for the guys, may even have got Donovan for the girls. Also got sean at the bottom of the track just before the QR bridge. Got a pic of a kiwi guy walking down the spectator track with a very twisted front wheel too.

The DS out at novotel was great too, great atmostphere, easy to go up and talk to the riders, top race.

bazza

look at me
alright

ok ok we have heard the stories now get some pics. come onnn i was 10 then. i dont think i would of even known that downhill mtb existed. herm i just hope they have another world round. or somewhere in aus has one. pitty red bull ride doesnt compensate for spectators.