1st Gen DMR SideKick

kaotickelly

Likes Dirt
Hi. Been trying to get my bike up on this site for a while, finally got around to take photos :p

Great little chromo bike to ride street, dirt or trials (thus the Chris King hubs). It originally had components from a Giant bike, but none of them held up to the abuse I dealt it hehe. The only original parts on it are the frame, stem, shifters and front deraileur.

Specs:
Frame: DMR SideKick 16.5" (2002)
Bar: NoLimit GoFast, some cheap brand that works.
Stem: Pazzass short
Headset: FSA Pig
Grips:ODI Lockon
Forks: 2006 RockShox Pike 426
Brakes: Hope M4 (2003) 185mm Discs F & R
Rims: Mavic 729 front, D321 rear
Tyres: DMR Moto 2.4 F & R
Hubs: DMR 20mm Front, Chris King ISO Disc rear
Cassette: Shimano Tiagra HG50 9 speed
Deraileur: Simano Tiagra 9 speed
Shifters: Shimano Deore
Cranks: FSA El cheapo + Raceface left crank
Pedals: DMR V8
Seat: El cheapo

Photos:

Hope you like it :)

Kel

Ben_v10

Likes Dirt
Sweet ride love the zip ties in the chain protector:p the bars look like there rolled forward a bit to much.

norco01

Likes Dirt
they have got to the the biggest mountain bike brake calipers i have ever seen,you could stop a car with those.

apart from that,it is one nice looking dmr

lewis

kaotickelly

Likes Dirt
Sweet ride love the zip ties in the chain protector:p the bars look like there rolled forward a bit to much.
Hi Ben,

Yeah, I had to do that to lower the height of the bar hahaha I originally had the rigid forks and the height was fine... until I got the shox recently. Thinking of getting a low rise Easton to replace it but can't be arsed to pay the $$ :p

DH Boy

Likes Dirt
sweet bike
yerr id agree the bikes handle bars are a bit to far forward
what type of riding do you do

kaotickelly

Likes Dirt
sweet bike
yerr id agree the bikes handle bars are a bit to far forward
what type of riding do you do
I used to do a lot of trials on it with a rigid fork, but been doing a lot more street since I got the shox few months back... I miss trials :p