1st time Filmer

Curlz12

Likes Dirt
Gday Farkiniers
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on Filming?
Its going to be my first time filming and i want to get the right angles and stuff like that.
Ill be filming DH, DJ, Park and street for a media project so if anyone has any advice that would be much appreciated.

Cheers:)

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Gday Farkiniers
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on Filming?
Its going to be my first time filming and i want to get the right angles and stuff like that.
Ill be filming DH, DJ, Park and street for a media project so if anyone has any advice that would be much appreciated.

Cheers:)
Watch lots of videos, not just Mountain Biking, but snowboarding/ bmx/ rollerblading/ movies.

But lots of practice too.

DON'T USE "ARTY" FILTERS!

Plow King

Little bit.
I'm definatly not one to give advice as im only starting to make some very short videos which arn't that great. But I've seen alot of people try to over edit videos.

As far as I'm concerned the simpiler it is, the better it looks.

thompo

Likes Dirt
from all i've learnt the best results i have had is to use music that flows with the movie - e.g. the bigger the dj's the slower the music can be) and to use a good variation of angles and never play the same angle (such as the same corner or jump) over again, a must not is like said before between clips with the tacky fillers.

Curlz12

Likes Dirt
Yeah i know what you mean.
So i take it with one camera its going to take while ( getting different angles and what not )

Cheers

moodybluebob

Likes Dirt
yea just use the K.I.S.S. method.

(keep it simple stupid) for people who dont know what it means

and whats said above, get different angles, for street try and get a pan affect going.

or maybe rig up your own flying fox above the jumps lol.

just be creative

Hi, when filming DH it is always best to start getting clips from the top of the track down to the bottom of the track. I reackon random clips of the track makes it harder to understand what the track structure is like.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers, Josh

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
Hi, when filming DH it is always best to start getting clips from the top of the track down to the bottom of the track. I reackon random clips of the track makes it harder to understand what the track structure is like.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers, Josh
I do agree with you but putting in random clips to suit the music is a lot better than putting in clips in order from the top of the track which doesn't suit the music.

When filming try keep a steady hand, the subject centred and work the angles. And yeah when editing keep it simple, choose your clips wisely and edit to the music.

Curlz12

Likes Dirt
i think ill use the random clips to suit the music because ill have so many random DH clips at the end of filming :p
Cheers

This is all great advice so keep it coming :)