2.30am wake up call/post court brawl. Merged thread.

bryce

Likes Dirt
should have heard them on jown laws thismorning. one bloke said the cops shouldnt have acted yet because they wont get them for anything and they will be back on the street in 2 weeks. his solution.. wait till the second they are going to peform the terrorist act then get them... i love how smart some people can be...

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
bryce said:
. his solution.. wait till the second they are going to peform the terrorist act then get them... i love how smart some people can be...
so like when the red button is ready to be pushed? ...........um the guy on the radio was a bit of a dumbarse, you can never predict when these attacks will happen, even with an "awesome" range of intelligence. Thats why they havn't been able to stop 9-11, madrid, bali and london. If only it were that easy.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
scblack said:
I corrected that for you, lets get the facts right, thanks.

(thats if you're talking about the guy at Bondi)
Let's also remember that both these police (particularly Mr. rodney Podesta) were off their heads on exctasy and hungover from drinking with no sleep. Hopw do I know this? Because I cought Rodney 6 months later taking lines of Charlie of a pool table at one of my venues. He filled me in on all the details. ;)

But hey, I'd have shot him too, then again, I probably would have been sober enough to take a leg or shoulder instead of the center of the seen mass.

scblack

Leucocholic
johnny said:
Let's also remember that both these police (particularly Mr. rodney Podesta) were off their heads on exctasy and hungover from drinking with no sleep. Hopw do I know this? Because I cought Rodney 6 months later taking lines of Charlie of a pool table at one of my venues. He filled me in on all the details. ;)

But hey, I'd have shot him too, then again, I probably would have been sober enough to take a leg or shoulder instead of the center of the seen mass.
Hmmm, hardly public knowledge that one.;)

I have known quite a number of police officers and seen training videos, and TV documentaries, that have talked about the attempt to shoot a person in the leg or arm. According to all statistics, and bio-medical stuff/theories/studies in the heat of the moment the only option for a person with a handgun, is to aim for the heart. Too many people miss their target, too many people shot in the leg keep coming, and other factors, that as far as I'm aware, the safest option is to shoot at the torso/heart. You may prove me wrong, and initially I thought the same as you, but it is apparently the best option to shoot at the chest.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
scblack said:
Hmmm, hardly public knowledge that one.;)

I have known quite a number of police officers and seen training videos, and TV documentaries, that have talked about the attempt to shoot a person in the leg or arm. According to all statistics, and bio-medical stuff/theories/studies in the heat of the moment the only option for a person with a handgun, is to aim for the heart. Too many people miss their target, too many people shot in the leg keep coming, and other factors, that as far as I'm aware, the safest option is to shoot at the torso/heart. You may prove me wrong, and initially I thought the same as you, but it is apparently the best option to shoot at the chest.
AFAIK, an officer should only ever remove his/her gun and fire it with the intention of killing. Its not there as a threat, its there for self defense... A man holding a bag however... im not sure.

cE

Likes Dirt
Channel 9 news (Melbourne) just showed a short bite of a neighbour of one of the melbourne people arrested....

"Well I feel pretty safe here, I mean, they're not gonna blow up their own house are they?"

or something along those lines...u get the drift! :D

Drew.

Eats Squid
cE said:
"Well I feel pretty safe here, I mean, they're not gonna blow up their own house are they?"
Haha, that's a bit silly....i mean, if they're going to kill themselves, blow up cafés, buildings ect, i don't think they would hesitate to blow their own house up. :confused:

The thing that makes me even more sick about this situation, is it was our OWN austrlians that tried it?

I'll be keeping an eye on sky news in the future, i reckon it's only a matter of time till' something happens.

Why must the world be like this.

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
Ruckus_Lord said:
Haha, that's a bit silly....i mean, if they're going to kill themselves, blow up cafés, buildings ect, i don't think they would hesitate to blow their own house up. :confused:

The thing that makes me even more sick about this situation, is it was our OWN austrlians that tried it?

I'll be keeping an eye on sky news in the future, i reckon it's only a matter of time till' something happens.

Why must the world be like this.
The idea behind a suicide attack is to send a message to the enemy (whoever that might be...) Blowing up your own house is hardly going to be a strong message, other than "...what idiots are we"

Aussies blow themselves up all the time - homemade pipebombs, nitroglycerine, etc - only they do it for fun not for misguide religious/political purpose.

My bet is on another attack against Australians overseas (Sthn Thailand) before an attack here.

The world has always being like, only we've had a cold war to keep the conflict split on Soviet:US grounds.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cave Dweller said:
Holly shit, they found backpacks in the raids, they must be terrorists !!!11!11!
ohhh shit....
backpacks in my garage....
weedkillers and the like sitting next to it.....
it's in a garage, away from view.....

Please don't raid my house:eek:

(i'm scared:( )

S.

ex offender
Dumbellina said:
The idea behind a suicide attack is to send a message to the enemy (whoever that might be...) Blowing up your own house is hardly going to be a strong message, other than "...what idiots are we"
hahaha yeah, only soccer fans are that dumb. In 2001 when Russia got eliminated from the World Cup, there were riots in Moscow. 22 cars overturned and/or burnt, and at least one armoured vehicled disabled. Heaps of Italian fans went and burnt stuff in Lygon St when Italy lost too. I could understand getting pissed off and taking it out on your opposition, but it really takes a huge amount of stupidity to go and burn your own stuff to the ground as a response.

tnankie

Likes Dirt
scblack said:
I corrected that for you, lets get the facts right, thanks.

(thats if you're talking about the guy at Bondi)
I was talking about the guy at bondi, and are you talking about the officers with narcotics in their blood stream? or are you talking about the officers who went about the confrontation in an excessively aggresive manner? Not saying he wasn't threatening them, im just saying he wasn't really chasing them down the high st with lots of other people around.
Oh as for public knowledge i believe there was a high commision into the incident. (not sure what the actual level of investigation was, but i do remember hearing and reading about in the mainstream press)

I see this has been already covered...soz

Last edited:

GoingDHfast

Likes Dirt
tnankie said:
The one lesson i learnt the hard way, ALWAYS ALWAYS use electric fusing/triggers.
I suggest removing that comment from this forum unless you want ASIO knocking on your door.... :eek:

Rik

logged out
scblack said:
but it is apparently the best option to shoot at the chest.
I was told by an ex-policeman (yay for hearsay) that NSW police use hollowpoint bullets :confused: If so, then shooting for a limb would still result in death, just a slower, more painful death :confused:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm thinking that this was a very successful operation and evidence will fully support this action, including shooting the offender.

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
I'm thinking that this was a very successful operation and evidence will fully support this action, including shooting the offender.
Pray tell, what lead you to form this opinion?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
First off, the confident reactions of Ken Moroney and Mick Keelty. Second, the way those dudes acted when bashing the reporter in Melbourne. They moved pretty well for a bunch of blokes on the street. One group bashed the dude while another group kept everyone back, all without communicating. Pretty quick and habitual. Thirdly, the intelligence that they have is pretty good and it's seeming to all come up as on the money. They knew what they were looking for and they found it.

wtr

Likes Dirt
Gzzz, an awful lot has happened today, didn't realise any of this untill finishing work at 10pm.:eek:

Will my lawn mower be consider lethal? It has rotating blades and a petrol tank, you know...

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All this talk of terrorists at home, I'm glad I'm here in safe old London.......oh hang on a second.

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
First off, the confident reactions of Ken Moroney and Mick Keelty. Second, the way those dudes acted when bashing the reporter in Melbourne. They moved pretty well for a bunch of blokes on the street. One group bashed the dude while another group kept everyone back, all without communicating. Pretty quick and habitual. Thirdly, the intelligence that they have is pretty good and it's seeming to all come up as on the money. They knew what they were looking for and they found it.

From the media reports they had these people under surveillance for a long time, so the timing of the raids only seems political. Like Kelty said, the raids could have come at any time, and Howard made the connection with the anti-terror bill in Parliament.

I await to see how the criminal proceedings transpire and whether existing criminal law could have (or will be used) to prosecute the defendants, rather than terrorism offences.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I too wait with anticipation. The thing that I can't work out though, is why would Howard try and get contentious laws like this passed if he saw no use for them. I'm not trying to argue for Mr. Sheen here, but he has no way of benefiting out of these laws, they are security laws not supply bills, republican debates or funding for private schools.

Maybe the timing was manipulated a bit (I'm sure that this will be the case) but thinking that they truly believe that we need this new legislation. I don't yet know enough about it to have my own opinion. Get me in two weeks and that will change though!