20 mm adapters for roof racks and stuff?

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Anyone know who sells em? Imported? To attach QR 20 forks to a roof rack type mount that we've made for the back of the van..

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
once again the local engineer to the rescue! i got a set made for a freinds rack. just got blocks with a 20mm hole thru them cut, and a couple of 20mm bars with a big nut welded on one end, and a series of holes drilled in the other. bolt the blocks to the rack, push the rod thru the blocks and forks, padlock thru the holes. we were ablt to bolt the blocks in place cause most 20 mm were the same width. for freaks who had wider front hubs we told them to walk :)

schwing

Likes Dirt
Not the cheapest solution ($150 per rack)and a bit of care is required for real security, but it's hard to go past the Thule rack where you keep you wheels on !!!! Especially good for 20mm without QR
A nice lttle bar comes up and clamps the frame. I believe there's a special Freeride version now available which looks cheaper
BUGGER can't get the image in , just google Thule

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Thanks guys... Its for inside the van and we already have standard QR mounts. I'll chase it up.

Thanks again