20% off all Giant bikes at MC Cyclery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a heads up: Times are pretty shit for bike shops. I got a call from Grant from MC Cyclery late last night. He's decided to slash 20% off the rrp of ALL Giant bicycles above $2500.

That's pretty huge if you're after a higher end MTB or Roadie.

Mods: Sorry if this breaks trading rules. Please delete if so (I sincerely thought that it was of benefit to anyone thinking of buying a Giant bicycle).

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
I assume that is in Sydney?

Total Rush in Melbourne is having a manufacturers sale on all the specialized bike (well i think it is all). They also only sell Specialized. $300 off a 2k 09 bike is pretty good for brand new stock.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes Sydney.

I've noticed huge sales at most bike shops, go to the mall it's ALL SHOPS too. Hard times for sure.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Times are pretty shit for bike shops.
:confused: Every bike store person that has any clue has said that they are doing quite well. The Rudd bucks is helping many shops and people buying bikes to use instead of the car is grooming shops nicely. I'm not a groupie calling shops everyday asking their economic status but I do speak to a few shops for good reason and they all say the same thing..........
Maybe MC Cyclery slipped you a sly $50 to promote their sale.;)

indica

Serial flasher
Hard times?

I just dropped $2,000 on a new bike from my local, bought my son one recently, started a new layby on one for my daughter.

I think if a shop can take 20% off rrp for a sale then they are selling for too much to start with.
Why carry loads of stock? That won't help sales, carry a few, and sell from orders.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Interesting article in the Daily Telegraph (at the cafe, not a regular purchase for me!) saying that bike shops are one of the better placed businesses at the moment:

One business sector that offers opportunities in today's climate is bicycle shops.

"It's a combination of exercise because gyms are so expensive, environmental concerns and the need to save time and money," Mr Bryant said.
More in the link..

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,25370902-5014717,00.html

'Ross

Eats Squid
I think if a shop can take 20% off rrp for a sale then they are selling for too much to start with.
Exactly what I was thinking, and something that people should bear in mind when purchasing anything big! Only worry about the final price...if its 30% off 70% off 90% off etc shouldn't matter, if the final price is a bargain that's all you need to worry about.

BJBinga

Likes Bikes
i recently purchased an Anthem X1at 15% of plus a bit more as my girlfriend bought a Trance 1 at the same store last year.

got it for a bit over 3g's

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I don't work in the store but I do update their web site if that counts! I'd happily do design work for any bicycle shop out there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.