2002 kona stinky deluxe

Archi

Likes Dirt
the bike was stolen from the denistone area late last night. :evil: :evil:

2002 kona stinky deluxe with custom red/black painted flames, and the kona logo in white over the top.

Parts spec: RST dual crowns( unkown model as they have been painted black)

fox vanilla rear shock

tioga nico voullioz saddle (phantom cycles 1)

Full shimano acera/alivio drivetrain, with black dual control levers

Avid cable front disc brake (w/ 8 inch rotor)

Promax cable rear disc brake ( w/ 6 inch rotor)

ritchey 'rizer' handle bars

no name red stem

maxxis supertacky highrollers

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: the bike was painted with unique black/red flames with the kona logo pained in white outline over the top.
there is also a dent in the top tube/head tube join.

because of the unusual paint and spec, the bike is easy to identify.

NOTE: [/b]this bike is not mine . the owner is Danny(username:
gliss on here), but his internet access is down so im doing it for him. full specs and photos will be up soon(when the fotos get developed)

there has already been a sighting outside ermington shops and police station( timmy2004 knows the details).

you can either contact danny(the owner): 0410 349886

or myself: 0414 747 010

any help would be greatly appreciated.

we will kill the fucker that did this :evil: :twisted: :evil:

TIMOH

Banned
We followed the person riding the bike from Spurway Street Ermington up to ermington shops then to the police station.. He was asking a guy if it was worth $50..
The guy riding it had short blonde hair, was in early 20's.. He was wearing a black jacket with white stripe down it.. also white pants..

Very sorry to dani who didn't get his bike back today :(
We will get it back I tell you!

Davf

Likes Dirt
This sucks

This sure is terrible. Dani has been building up that bike for ages. Just abit more info, the chain is actually missing one side of the link(best way to describe it) so the chain may break or bend. People in the Ermington/Ryde/West Ryde/Eastwood/Parramatta area please keep an eye out for it.

Lets get this bike back! :x

gliss

Likes Dirt
Yes thanx ppl.

Just sooo devastated to have my bike stolen. God awful feeling...

I was coming home from christmas holiday, apparently we got hold up by extremely heavy traffic going into Sydney and we ended up coming home at around 10.30pm. My bike (black Kona Stinky with red flames) was tied up on the top of the trailer that was still attached to the car, we were far too exhausted to unload the trailer at this time and thought that we could unload all the next morning. The car was in the carport but the bike wasn't directly visible from the road, you had to look really well or know that there was a bike there.

And the next morning, you guessed it. It was well and trully gone and I had basically crumbled away...

Here are some pictures exactly one day before it was stolen.

lotec

Banned
You're sure to get that back, that's the best looking paintjob I have EVER seen on a Kona, It's just not natural and sticks out like a sore thumb, who would have thought? a kona with a decent looking paintjob? :p When I'm down in Syd I will definatly keep an eye out for you

gliss

Likes Dirt
Yes, the frame has a lot of sentimental value. I've painted it during final high school exam season which would have been around November 04.
Firstly, blue tack comes very handy in masking out the KONA outline then it was spray painted with few coats of flat black, the flame was carefully applied with a paintbrush and after it was all set, I got all the ragged edges outlined with a permanent marker which blended nicely with the black frame. And finally, a coat of clear enamel gloss fixed it all up.

I'm trying my best to hold the waterworks. Oh damn :cry:

flasher

Likes Dirt
Shit man, thats very very very incredibly unfortunate.

I'm in a different part of Sydney, so ill keep a look out in my area for you.(mosman/north Sydney etc.)

Hope you find the MOFO that did this...

Ben

scblack

Leucocholic
Thats my old frame!

But I didn't do any of the painting, which looks bloody good!

Very sorry to hear about this, not good at all.

Give me a call sometime, as I did manage to find the serial number.

SPOON

Likes Dirt
poor dani :cry: .....hmm i was just thinking...since the man is going to try and sell the stinky. If some1 spotted him....rather than quickly calling dani, looking suspicious and following him...u could pretend to be interested in the bike and approach him. Make conversation....tell the theif ur calling ur dad or someone to have a look at the bike because u dont have the money. Instead the "dad" would be dani. And dani could come along to the location with many ppl or the police ....the man will be arrested and dani can get his nice bike back.
hmm maybe this is too farfetched.

...well best of luck dani....i'll lookout for it everytime i go out and when riding.
bloody dickhead....he'll get his punishment.

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will keep an eye out for ya, it wont be too hard unless the bastard left the city. Lucky that it is all custom painted and all.

TIMOH

Banned
Hmm, when me and dani was talking to the other guy, I think he said he wanted $50 for it.. So I don't think he will be leaving the city for $50...

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it seems the basterd who stole this one also probably stole the 2005 kona as well

dude in 20's short blonde hair???

a bit too suss if u ask me:S:S:S:S:s

gliss

Likes Dirt
Yeh the f*bastard is definetly lying, he said at first he bought it for $20 and just before he ran off he changed it to $50.

And just a note on my encounter with the guy, maybe i should've approached it differently but remember that during that time i was so desperate to get the Stinky back and also angry to see his ass on my saddle. With a mix of emotions, naturally my first word to the guy were "Hey man that's my bike, you've stolen it! I'm gettin the cops on ya!" There was no thought what so ever to act that i wasn't the proud owner... I was stressed and yet nervous!

And I did actually got threatened by him... when you're in this hot situation and a larger guy is coming down on you and when the police haven't arrived at the scene, there's no other choice but to back off and prevent the problem from escalating to spilling some blood...
He rode off and i coudn't catch him. Just when i was about to retreat to the police station, they've arrived at the scene but once again, they were to late...

I don't think i've described the offender clearly to the police station coz of the shock and the state i was in. But i could certainly pick his face if there's another chance of meeting once more.

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
hey man..sorry to hear..im i the industry that services people who had a breakin and prevention andf i can tell ya a heap of houses around your area got done over the last month or so...spread the word...ill keep an eye out for your bike.

cheers

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gliss said:
Yeh the f*bastard is definetly lying, he said at first he bought it for $20 and just before he ran off he changed it to $50.

And just a note on my encounter with the guy, maybe i should've approached it differently but remember that during that time i was so desperate to get the Stinky back and also angry to see his ass on my saddle. With a mix of emotions, naturally my first word to the guy were "Hey man that's my bike, you've stolen it! I'm gettin the cops on ya!" There was no thought what so ever to act that i wasn't the proud owner... I was stressed and yet nervous!

And I did actually got threatened by him... when you're in this hot situation and a larger guy is coming down on you and when the police haven't arrived at the scene, there's no other choice but to back off and prevent the problem from escalating to spilling some blood...
He rode off and i coudn't catch him. Just when i was about to retreat to the police station, they've arrived at the scene but once again, they were to late...

I don't think i've described the offender clearly to the police station coz of the shock and the state i was in. But i could certainly pick his face if there's another chance of meeting once more.
Where did this happen?

TIMOH

Banned
Around the corner from Ermington Police station... It's stupid because if the police had of came out straight away, we would have the bike back..

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Gliss,
Sorry to hear, I'm always down Ermington/Rydalmere way, definitely be on the look out for it.