2003 Brodie Holeshot - REWARD

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
I am crushed. Someone broke in under our house during the night of the 18th, I suppose using bolt cutters to remove the padlock (which was nowhere to be found), and stole my pride and joy.

Stolen:
white Brodie Holeshot - serial # H2K01519 (on the bottom bracket)
Hayes Mag-9 Hydraulic disk brakes
Hussefelt cranks - serial #G2B13D1
Red RockShox 2004 Psylo SL's
Rhino Lite wheels with Deore disc hubs and Maxxis Mofo DH 2.35 tires

Brodie's aren't imported into this country, so this thing should be pretty rare. It's a burly freeride hardtail.

If you see a Brodie Holeshot frame around PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me!

Thank you!

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh damn dude, that totally blows. I can imagine how you feel right now. Truely hope you get it back, atleast with it being so rare you have a "slightly" better chance...............still not good though.
Was it insured ? Was this the bike with the bent psylo ? maybe that'll show up somewhere to get fixed.
My fingers are crossed for ya mate.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Shit that sux. Bring a "Stolen" card with a photo into the shop today, and i'll put it up somewhere. Goodluck matey

Rik

logged out
Geez dude, that sucks :(
Although it's unlikely to end up out my way, I sure will keep an eye out for it.
Why don't you make up a "bike stolen" sheet, and fax it to shops around your area, because as squid said, if it's in pieces it'll most likely end up at a shop soon enough.

schwing

Likes Dirt
THAT SUCKS HUGELY

Okay Boyz
we know what to look for !
Be careful gather the info and strike united.
Lets assume it's still in Sydney, and someone knew it was there. Who might that someone be?

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
[Techno Destructo/Rob borrowing Squids account]
Thanks for your support guys.

Realistically, any bike thief worth their salt will swap most parts on a stolen bike... so really, the frame is the thing to look out for.

As far as I know and have heard, I'm the only person in the Sydney area with a Brodie Holeshot (maybe Australia?).

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
chances are it won't turn up here (bris) but all the bris boys will keep an eye out for you. u do have a better chance considering it is probably one of the only ones in aus, are there any characteristics of the frame like scratches or dents that are unique?
bad luck dude, sorry

toodles

Wheel size expert
Dude, do you have a photo of it? Is the frame something that can easily be identified as a Brodie or could they attempt to pass it off as something else?

I'm a long way away from Sydney but being such a rare bike I'm sure some one will notice it and club the f*cker that took it.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace

Exact same frame pretty much (even the size looks like 16")
I'll try to get a higher resolution shot up later.
Again... don't bother worrying about the parts... if I can track down the frame... then there's still hope (albeit little...)

peachy said:
are there any characteristics of the frame like scratches or dents that are unique?
Well, if they don't paint it, it'll be pretty easy to spot.

Either way... the serial number is stamped into the bottom bracket.
serial # H2K01519

Police forensics were over this morning as well checking my commuter bike (they stole the wheels off that too, the motherfuckers!!!! I can't even ride to work anymore!)

Rik

logged out
Forensics :lol: at least they're doing their job! When our bikes got knocked off, they were so lazy they couldn't even shrug it off.

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
i hate it when i see that little orange tag on the stolen bikes forum...

Man that sucks that your bike is gone, i seriously sympathise with you and know exactly how you feel... I sincerely hope you get it back but don't hold your breathe... My Le Toy 3 was stolen in adelaide and everyone at the shops etc said it was the only one in adelaide...never seen it again yet :cry:

Also if they paint that frame its gunna be difficult to spot from a distance... sorry i haven't got any better advice.

(I still walk past where mine got knicked from everyso often on the odd chance the thief got sympathetic 7 months down the track... :cry: :wink: )

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Y'know, SB, I was just thinking that this morning...

"Sure, I've probably got (sorry... HAD) the only Brodie Holeshot in Australia, but if that stolen LeToyIII was never recovered... and that's a FAR more distinctive frame... then what chance have I got?"

Plus, so many frames are sooo similar now to the Holeshot's... The rear dropouts are probably the most distinctive part now (from a short distance)...

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Techno, get another bike and ride it around showing it off, maybe the theif will come back for a shot at your newy. Thats when he might happen to bump into your new pitbull..................

Well it's a fun thought anyway.

Dicky

Punter God
dude that sucks, it was a cool rig. my sympathies to ya.

Techno Destructo said:
Police forensics were over this morning as well checking my commuter bike (they stole the wheels off that too, the motherfuckers!!!! I can't even ride to work anymore!)
i have a 700c wheelset sitting at the shop doing nothing.
Tiagra hubs, half decent (straight) rims, tyres, tubes, even a 9spd road cassette (probably Sora or Tiagra) in reasonable condition.
some guy came by the shop one day with the wheels and a cheapo road frame and fork, sayin he was just going to throw them out, so i took them instead.

they're yours if you want them, i don't have any use for them.

in the meantime.... Rob's frame was also distinguishable by the rather amusing stickers on it.

on the front of the seat tube, there was a sticker with two ppl going at it doggy style, an arrow pointing at the guy saying 'me' and another arrow at the chick sayin 'your mum'.

on the non-drive-side chainstay, a sticker sayin 'SPONSORED BY NOBODY'.

one or two others, that's all i remember.

there's a half-ok photo of it here

the first thing that any thief with more than two brain cells (is there such a thing?) is gonna do is ditch the stickers, but worth posting it anyway. You never know.

to whoever stole it, YOU DICKHEAD, you have an appointment with my gothic rotors...

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Dicky, you and the boys at Bike Addiction are princes among men... Thanks for all your support and digging up old bike parts for me to get going again. I just can't believe they stole the 700c roadwheels (AND the spare set of road wheels tucked in the corner) off my commuter bike! Wasn't it enough that they took my Holeshot?!?

At least I'll be able to commute to work again.

You did miss one sticker, Dicky... If you turn the bike upside down and look between the joining of the chainstays to the bottom bracket, the little bit of seat tube between the bottom bracket and the clamp for the front derailleur, tucked way in there is a tiny little black sticker, about the size of a 5 cent coin, where there's tiny white lettering saying... "Nosey little fucker aren't ya?"

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats bloody terrible Rob, at least you have a big crew looking out for your bike. I hope you get it back, and that is sure nice of BA to give u some wheels.

My sympathies to you once again

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
<------------------- You need this sign Techno!
I for one will donate to Rob a '01' model Giant 890 frame in 17", and a pair of Mavic Xroc wheels.
Problem is the frame and wheels only take disc brakes.
Who here will be nice enough to donate a mechanical disc brake, or do a special deal for a fellow rider?

scottair

Likes Dirt
hey bro the dudes and i at clarence st cyclery will keep a look out for ur bike and in the mean time have some parts and a shimano mechanical disc u can borrow for a while if u want to bro
come into the shop some time and il give it to u

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Thanks Scott! I'll start my mission tomorrow in trying to build up a bike to get me through this lean period... (which hopefully won't go on too long...)