2003 GT Avalanche 3.0

2DIE

Likes Dirt
It's a genuine LC GTR XU1, It's not the exact car but the same model that Peter Brock won Bathurst in back in the days. I've owned it for more than 20 years.
It was about 20 years ago when I got mine too, $500 from memory. Would be worth a minimum 10 times that now. I could only imagin what a XU1 is worth these days.

My friend had a HB Torana, that was a ugly gutless little thing. Lucky there wasn't any hills where we lived.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
It was about 20 years ago when I got mine too, $500 from memory. Would be worth a minimum 10 times that now. I could only imagin what a XU1 is worth these days.

My friend had a HB Torana, that was a ugly gutless little thing. Lucky there wasn't any hills where we lived.

I bought mine for $7500 which was a lot of money for a car like that in those days. I drove it everyday at one stage with a race motor in it, police knew me on a first name basis and it drank fuel like no tomorrow. I've parked it up in the last 10 years, it's just too rare to drive around on the streets.

HB's had a small motor and not very powerful.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I bought mine for $7500 which was a lot of money for a car like that in those days. I drove it everyday at one stage with a race motor in it, police knew me on a first name basis and it drank fuel like no tomorrow. I've parked it up in the last 10 years, it's just too rare to drive around on the streets.

HB's had a small motor and not very powerful.
Yeah they were a 4 cylinder Opel or Vauxhall 1.2L motor from memory.

My LJ had a 173 and 4 speed, I bought a manifold with twin carbies and extractors but they never went on the car in the end, I planned to use the carbies on my HR (186S 2 speed powerglide) but couldn't figure out how to get the kick down to work with them. The extractors are still hanging on the wall in a mates crash repair shop after all this time.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah they were a 4 cylinder Opel or Vauxhall 1.2L motor from memory.

My LJ had a 173 and 4 speed, I bought a manifold with twin carbies and extractors but they never went on the car in the end, I planned to use the carbies on my HR (186S 2 speed powerglide) but couldn't figure out how to get the kick down to work with them. The extractors are still hanging on the wall in a mates crash repair shop after all this time.

A friend had 186s 2 door Monaro that he tried selling me years ago, I'm kicking myself for not buying.

My motor is very modified, the original 186 was replaced with a 202 with triple Webbers and I fitted a roller cam to it. I've actually got the original Xu1 186 head with twin exhaust headers and Su's. I couldn't force myself at the time to part with $3000 for an xu1 numbered engine block that might of been fake.