2004 CRAFTWORKS

toodles

Wheel size expert
Hey that's a new direction for the DH rig. Don't think it'd be as plush as the current 208 but it'd have to be lighter. Wonder what it pedals like?

dh rig with "bullit" style high single pivot!?!?!?!?!
well....whatever floats your boat....i spose....
looks like a chronic brake jack machine!!!
an good gravy....check out that head angle!!!
i hope rob knows what he's doing!!! (alright i know he does....but i'm not sure about that as a direction)

new frm looks beefy though.....love the new front section!!! it looks more like a freeride bike now.....more than just a beefy trailbike....

and the rail looks set to take its place alongside some of the finest in urban/dj/4x hardtais around.......are they horizontal dropouts!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gutty said:
Interesting, can't say i'm impressed by the new DHR though.
have exactly what i thought

looks like it would be lighter then the current DHR design
which is a good thing, but direct single pivots im not a fan off

Chilli said:
man, that rail is a sex machine :shock: mmmmmmm.... hardtail goodness :mrgreen:
rail looks very farkin nice
poooorn

ooooooh....yeah!!!!

that's CNC'd horizontal beauty at its best

they're almost....as in REALLY almost......up there with these babies!!!!

damn u shmity.......
looks like craftworks has really stepped up with the big boys in the beasty hardtail game!!!
and at a much more affordable price i would say....
we shall see how it all goes.......looks pretty good for mine!!!

G

The rail was better in green and the FRM was better in blue and white and i really dont like the single pivot DHR. BUT not all negative the rail and the frm do look very nice bikes (minus the colour)

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
commander_dilsnikk said:
ooooooh....yeah!!!!

damn u shmity.......
looks like craftworks has really stepped up with the big boys in the beasty hardtail game!!!

You know they are made in the same factory ???

Not surprised they are so similar.

S.

ex offender
Gutty said:
commander_dilsnikk said:
ooooooh....yeah!!!!

damn u shmity.......

You know they are made in the same factory ???

Not surprised they are so similar.
And they're completely independently designed... you know the factory has nothing to do with it.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
commander_dilsnikk said:
and the rail looks set to take its place alongside some of the finest in urban/dj/4x hardtais around.......are they horizontal dropouts!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!
yes horizontal dropouts

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
And they're completely independently designed... you know the factory has nothing to do with it.
You can be very nieve at times mate. Maybe you need to learn a little about big bussiness.

probably goes somthing like this:

Rob: wanna put horizontal dropouts on the Rail.
Pacific: yeah, we do them for Pips hardtail, maybe we could do something with those. Redesign them a bit but use the same basic design so we can do em in the same jig.
Rob: That sounds great, what sorta cost difference would i be looking at ?
Pacific: Dunno just yet, will have to check with Pip to see if all is OK.

Use your head Steve. They would be made in the same jig, on the same machine, with the middle section/pattern probably being the only difference.
I'm sure you'll find many microscopic differences to show me, thats OK. This is just my opinion.

As for completely independantly designed, when i was doing my plates Rob couldn't even get his hands on a set of FRM plans to send to Avalanche. He said pacific kept them and he had none. I know if i designed somthing i'd hold on to atleast a copy of the design. I'm now not so sure he designs much at all.

S.

ex offender
I don't know how much Rob actually designs either, but if you look at those dropouts - the only real similarity is that the actual dropout is a separate piece of alu on the drive side (it has the hanger on it I think). The dimensions aren't the same, and I've seen a few bikes with that system.

Pacific make a farkin shitload of bikes - I would place a high probability on it that it's coincidence that the Banshee and the Rail have similar dropouts.