2004 CRAFTWORKS

S.

ex offender
Dirtsystems said:
Socket said:
Dirtsystems said:
pardon my ignorance but what is brake jacking?
Something you'll never have a problem with if you don't know what it is. So it's probably better that you don't know.
Pfft, did that make you feel intellectually superior?
Congratulations. Hopefully there is nothing that you don't know about that will require you to ask someone in the future.
No, I don't give a shit about what you know or don't know. What I meant was that it's largely a placebo effect for most people - if you expect to feel it, you probably will. Why do people complain about brake jacking on a whole lot of singlepivots, but rarely Konas? Because they don't realise what actually causes it, and therefore don't find it to be a problem. I can give you a proper explanation if you still want it though.

Sorry dude, that really wasn't intended to be offensive.

S.

ex offender
toodles said:
Nah really. If you don't know what brake jack is, you'll never even think about it and thus notice it while you ride. Socket did you a favour by not explaining it IMO. Now however, he'll get revenge by explaining it and you never be able to ride in peace until you have a floating rear brake on a bike with 100% vertical rear axle movement - Mwahahahahaha...

Oh yeah back on topic - the FRM looks nice. Was thinking of buying a Stinky nextyear for a play bike but maybe I'll go the FRM instead for the factory "all-Craftworks" stable of bikes...
Argh! Axle path is NOT directly related to brake jack!

I could show you a (theoretical) bike with a directly vertical axle path that suffers more brake jack than any bike in the known world, and one with a highly curved axle path that suffers no brake jack...

Link

Likes Dirt
Craftworks i must say im disapointed....

After resisting the lure of becoming hucker brand for so long you have finally given in, must be somthing about adelaide (anyone who has seen chilli factor will back me up here)

Craftworks will now become bike of choice for all the no-skill huckers out there.

I think this is a direct reflection of the direction the world of mountainbiking is heading....its all about the 'huck' factor and that sucks.

what happened craftworks?...you used to be cool

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Link said:
Craftworks i must say im disapointed....

After resisting the lure of becoming hucker brand for so long you have finally given in, must be somthing about adelaide (anyone who has seen chilli factor will back me up here)

Craftworks will now become bike of choice for all the no-skill huckers out there.

I think this is a direct reflection of the direction the world of mountainbiking is heading....its all about the 'huck' factor and that sucks.

what happened craftworks?...you used to be cool
when was this of..... like last year or 10 years ago??

I wouldnt want 2 b on the craftworks team right now, changing from a 4bar of that caliber to a single pivot has got 2 b wired. every time i jump of my mates 208 and onto my bike its like a hole new world.

the new 208 i rekon has the potential 2 go either way, farkin good or crap as.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Socket said:
toodles said:
Nah really. If you don't know what brake jack is, you'll never even think about it and thus notice it while you ride. Socket did you a favour by not explaining it IMO. Now however, he'll get revenge by explaining it and you never be able to ride in peace until you have a floating rear brake on a bike with 100% vertical rear axle movement - Mwahahahahaha...

Oh yeah back on topic - the FRM looks nice. Was thinking of buying a Stinky nextyear for a play bike but maybe I'll go the FRM instead for the factory "all-Craftworks" stable of bikes...
Argh! Axle path is NOT directly related to brake jack!

I could show you a (theoretical) bike with a directly vertical axle path that suffers more brake jack than any bike in the known world, and one with a highly curved axle path that suffers no brake jack...
Please note my response contains a "Mwahahahaha". Therein lies the answer to the miscommunication dilemma we're faced with. I merely threw in the axle path as a way of including another one of the myriad of stupid engineering mysteries that people waste time (and forum space) discussing when they should be riding their bikes. Gimme some cedit dude - my daily work tends to include some more complicated design work than bicycles.

Hey, has anyone got a full pic of the new DH bike yet? Prices? Dammit I want info!

dhd

Downhill Direct
I got a big ol theory here that the bikes could possibly be designed with a more USA type influence built into them. They do sell quite a big number to the states these days!

Link

Likes Dirt
I'm hearing you Dhd....i think the formula goes a little like this:

USA + ADELAIDE = HUCKER BIKES

Link

Likes Dirt
I'm hearing you Dhd....i think the formula goes a little like this:

USA + ADELAIDE = HUCKER BIKES