2004 Fireflys vs. 2004 Flicks...

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, they have ran out of 2003 fireflys so im now tossing up between what to get, if i get the 2004 flicks, i get 115 off my bike, if i get the 2004 fireflys, it cost 115 more...(115 is pretty damn cheap, like wholesale difference).

What are the differences between them and what has been changed from 03 to 04.. anyone know?

What would ya'll choose? Weight isn't a huge issue but im not exactly massive in the upper body area so i would like it strong as possible but still.. i want to be able to lift the phucka ! :lol:

Only post if you have had hands on experience with either or both... i don't want random comments like... "get the fireflys..." :roll:
Just to narrow down the amount of bs posted :lol:

Thanks.

Ty

Eats Squid
the fireflies use a AL steerer and ti springs to knock a bit of weight off, which is a good thing, uless you want to change springs then you'll be up for $$$.

i don't think theres anyother differences besides that.

no difference in damping....

u just get alu steerer and ti springs

it doesn't gut much weight off but APARENTLY the ti springs feel a lot better..... don't ask me whether this is really true or what "better" means but i was told by a guy who's ridden both (i don't know him well enough to say whether i trust his opinion or not... but he does work at a good bike shop)

S.

ex offender
commander_dilsnikk said:
no difference in damping....

u just get alu steerer and ti springs

it doesn't gut much weight off but APARENTLY the ti springs feel a lot better..... don't ask me whether this is really true or what "better" means but i was told by a guy who's ridden both (i don't know him well enough to say whether i trust his opinion or not... but he does work at a good bike shop)
Nearly all of the top DH riders have tried and dumped Ti springs because they feel "dead", apparently.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket, considering you are Susp King :lol:, what would you get if you were me man... it's going on a 2004 craftworks rail... ill spend the 115 that i get off the bike on up specing some more stuff... thats if i get flicks.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2004 flicks, EBC pads, and a set of maxxis dual ply slow reezaay 2.5's - ORDERED... thanks for the info guys