2005 ironhorse sunday problems

bighit james

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I ve just ran into some major problems with my 2005 sunday worldcup. Firstly has any one with a sunday had a squeaky rear fith element shock(or one thats really noisy) and has body with a sunday had problems with the spaces not big enough on the shock causing it to move from side to side in the frame? Any suggestions for any other things people have done with their sundays?
Cheers,
James...

Drew.

Eats Squid
For your 1st problem, Is the noise coming from the shock itself? or an area around the shock? If it's coming from the shock itself your best bet would be to get your shock serviced perhaps?

And 2nd, It sounds like you just need to get some new shock housing (or bushing? Im too tired and can't think straight right now.:eek: Just goto your LBS and ask them to get some in)

-Drew.

Last edited:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The squeeking is from the nylon shock bushigns, theres nothing you can do about it, but its also not a problem.

sram001

Likes Dirt
well i have a 5th and it got serviced around 2-3 months ago. it didn't make a sound before hand.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Iron Horse

Dude some Iron Horse bikes got shipped with the wrong spacers/shock kits. If you take it back to where you bought it and tell them you need the "tight tollerance kit" for it, Kev at Iron Horse Australia can ship them a new kit for free and it wont cost you or the store a cent, and they should put it on for you at no charge. Its something that Iron Horse are aware of and apparently it was a mix up at the factory. Dont fuck around with it yourself trying to come up with a solution, just ring your shop or Iron Horse and get it sorted.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
iron horse

also there is some info on the "tight tollerance kit" on the iron horse web site if your dealer is no help to you. check it out.

kb

Likes Dirt
Does the 2006 Ironhorses have the same

I have an 06 WC and i have some slack starting in the rear, think it is the same probelm with the shock mounts? Is anyone having a similar problem?

Slave

Likes Dirt
My 5th didn't make any noises until it got serviced.... now you can definately hear me coming. Or just bobbing up and down on the bike when it's stationary. It's real loud though, but doesn't seem to affect it's performance. Real annoying.