2006/2007 national MTB Season announced

cooper

Likes Dirt
Would of atleast like to of seen 5 national rounds + a championships

No SA, WA or QLD rounds. WTF? - not very 'national'

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Tassie, Vic, ACT and NSW... thats 4 from 7 states, good enough, just like to see more races...

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
cooper said:
Would of atleast like to of seen 5 national rounds + a championships

No SA, WA or QLD rounds. WTF? - not very 'national'
I'd like to know if any clubs in these states put their hands up for rounds before saying its not very national.

damon

Cannon Fodder
WA did express an interest to host at the Same venue as last year. We were not invited to submit a bid however. :confused: SA and Qld had no clubs expressing interest, though I'm sure like us they will next year.

boysik

Pro Rider
I think the series looks good. A little more condensed will hopefully attract more riders to more quality events rather than spreading it out too much. I must say i enjoyed WA last year and its a dissapointment not to go back.

Im a big fan of having more events with DH and 4X together (WA was a bit of a struggle last year, time wise and financially spread over a week.) But it is intersting to see how many fast young DHers coming out of WA....

Heres to the East Coast Nationals.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Daver said:
Tassie, Vic, ACT and NSW... thats 4 from 7 states, good enough, just like to see more races...
ACt is a territory:p

Anyway, 2 national rounds in NSW and the Champs in ACT (which is NSW as far as im concerned), 1 in Tassy and 1 in Vic isnt a spread at all, especially for a national series.

Fair enough if some clubs arent prepared to host a round, but not having a round at Buller is criminal. [/rant]

Phool

Likes Bikes
sammydog said:
I'd like to know if any clubs in these states put their hands up for rounds before saying its not very national.

Inside Line (SA's DH club) chose to wait until next year to put their collective hands up for a national round, by which time Eagle quarry should be a proven race location.

Unfortunately none of the other SA DH race locations are quite up to a national standard currently.

Last edited:

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
ajay said:
ACt is a territory:p

Anyway, 2 national rounds in NSW and the Champs in ACT (which is NSW as far as im concerned), 1 in Tassy and 1 in Vic isnt a spread at all, especially for a national series.

Fair enough if some clubs arent prepared to host a round, but not having a round at Buller is criminal. [/rant]
Actually, ACT is a state and has been one for over 10 years. When I went to school the definition of a Territory meant that you were governed by a department within the Commonwealth, you were not self governed. So by that definition BOTH NT and ACT are now States as they have their own governments. :)

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
mtbmamma said:
Actually, ACT is a state and has been one for over 10 years. When I went to school the definition of a Territory meant that you were governed by a department within the Commonwealth, you were not self governed. So by that definition BOTH NT and ACT are now States as they have their own governments. :)
Change the fricken name then! Australian Captial State!:p

Anyway, you know what im getting at...

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
Friggin big country Canada, DH National Races are all in either BC or Quebec. We don't even have 4x... so if you don't live in either of those provinces it's a very expensive national series. Factor in taking 2wks off in may to be in Que. and about 3 wks off (min) in mid summer to go to BC... $$$$$ now you see why Canada doesn't produce many racers.

demo man

Used to be cool.
TS153 said:
5 sounds so much better than 4
not if you're on a tight budget, and certainly not if you're MTBA and don't have anyone putting their hand up to run a 5th round!

just be glad we have such a good National series, i think it rocks, and considering MTBA put on a XC series and a 4X series on top of just the DH, they're not doing too badly at all.

is it really going to affect you so badly? if you want a 5th round that much, then run one yourself ;)

and ajay, I'm offended that you think the ACT is the same as NSW.

brooko

Likes Bikes
not very national

I think its a shame wa was basicly ignored when putting in a bid to host a national round,considering how strong the downhill scene is over here,not to mention the quality of riders and venues over here,a lot of dissapointed riders over this side of the counry!

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
2006/2007 national MTB

Round 1 XC at Yellomundie WSMTB
If you are comming book you accomadation very soon, will be putting sites on web hopefully this week.
Just found out Richmond RAAF base will be holding air show on that week end, that means Richmond Road and Windsor Roads will be closed and in the past 100,000 people on Sunday.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
brooko said:
I think its a shame wa was basicly ignored when putting in a bid to host a national round,considering how strong the downhill scene is over here,not to mention the quality of riders and venues over here,a lot of dissapointed riders over this side of the counry!
I can understand your disappointment but it is soooo expensive to race as one but when you have an under 17 it is even more expensive as you have the cost of 2.