2006 Manitou Travis specs

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
34mm (black anodised) aluminium stanchions capable of supporting 203mm travel without difficulty
Magnesium casting lowers: parabolic arch for torsional stiffness, more vertical arch for asymmetrical stiffness, ovalised for deflection stiffness and lighter weight, seal head and arch closer together, lighter 'minimalist' dropouts, hollow crown on 1.5 forks, casting drops below axle for lower ride height, takes up to 2.8" tyres, improved turning circle
'No Tools Hex Axle' system - no tools (duh!) wheel removal (two small QR's release pinchbolts/handturn cinchbolts
'IS2 Integrated Handlebar Mount' - only on the triple clamp forks (duh!), two reaches available (45/65mm) using the same clamp, spacers supplied for adjusting bar height
'Intrinsic' speed sensitive SPV (see below) and cartridge 'TPC Plus' damping
All-metal adjustment knobs
Sub 6.4lb 203mm travel 1.5 single crown fork
Sub 7lb 203mm travel triple-clamp fork
4 models available:-
'Single 150' = single crown, 150mm travel, coil, 'TPC Plus' cartridge, 'Hex Thru'
'Single Intrinsic 180/203' = single crown, 180/203mm travel, coil, 'Intrinsic' cartridge, 'No Tools Hex Thru'
'Triple Intrinsic 180/203' = double crown, 180/203mm travel, coil, 'Intrinsic' cartridge, 'No Tools Hex Thru'
'Triple Ti Intrinsic 180/203' = double crown, 180/203mm travel, titanium coil, 'Intrinsic' cartridge, 'No Tools Hex Thru'

Attachments

Rik

logged out
They sound hot, but QR 20mm axle system? Haven't they learnt that it's not as great as marketing would like us to think. And as for 8" SC's... I'll reserve my judgement until they last a season or two.
I would love to have a good look at their new SPV-based damping, it has great potential due to its speed+position sensitivity, as long as they tune out the platform.

lotec

Banned
34mm aluminium stanchions capable of supporting 203mm travel without difficulty
I particularly like this bit :D
theyd wanna have got rid of the platform with the SPV but judging by the fact they ditched the xworks dorado my guess would be they will have at least come close, should be interesting
edit: unless you can undo allen key bolts with your fingers im guessing the production forks still gonna look slightly different, and whats with the white and black? could look ok with a zebra print seat white syncros rims a black frame white cranks and bars i guess... that is if you want a zebra bike :p

Last edited:

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
ive heard one of the guys who has tested out the single crowns and has already snapped one pair. So im not to sure about them.