2007 Giant Reign 1 (Green) Update Pg.2

Following in the footsteps of the great Justin Fox here is my 07 Reign 1 with a few tasty upgrades. Namely, XT Wheelset, Lyrik 2-Step, UST Highrollers, Hope 50mm step and a SDG TI-Fly.

Love this bike so much, it rides so well.

You'll have to excuse my ugly mug...

Clicky For Biggy

Last edited:

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
holy crap!:eek:

i'd say thats one of the nicest reign's I've seen around.

yikes!:eek:

Thanks Guys.

Specs
Rear shock - Fox RP2
Front shock/fork - Lyrik 2-Step
Handlebars - Raceface Evolve XC
Stem - Hope 50mm
Grips - Random white
Saddle - SDG Ti-Fly
Seatpost - Raceface Evolve XC
Front brake - Juicy 3 6"
Rear brake - Juicy 3 6"
Cranks - Raceface Evolve XC
Pedals - Shimano M520 SPD clipless
Front derailleur - Deore LX
Rear derailleur - SRAM X-9
Shifters - SRAM X-7
Cassette - SRAM PG980
Front hub - Shimano XT
Rear hub - Shimano XT
Front rim - Shimano XT
Rear rim - Shimano XT
Tyres - Highrollers UST 2.35

Looking at getting some Sunline Bars and XT brakes next. Opinions?

Last edited:
wow!! awesome...whats the lyrics like compared to the 32's?
Lyriks feel much better than the 32's. With the compression adjustments that the Floats didn't have have along with a little extra travel makes them feel alot more supple. Also slackens up the the HA a bit and along with the sorter stem it makes for a very nice and controllable ride.

Pitto

Likes Dirt
Nice, i like the look of the Xt's and good choice with the lyric.

XT hydro's would be my upgrade choice on the brakes.

Lorday

Eats Squid
holy crap!:eek:

i'd say thats one of the nicest reign's I've seen around.

yikes!:eek:

Yeah its deffently in the top 5 (Justin's is numbah 1) for me, IMO you should get the frame done in black or white, then it'll be chanllenging Mr Fox's reign for the top spot....seriously.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LOL mate. I am truly humbled. Thing is I've wasted a lot of cash on trial and error with all my bikes and it looks like you've gone and bought the modifications I should always have bought. That wheelset has been on my CRC wish list so many times it's ridiculous!

Awesome stuff. I hope you'll love your Reign as much as I do. It's truly an amazing do it all bike.

PS: Keep this thread alive!

LOL mate. I am truly humbled. Thing is I've wasted a lot of cash on trial and error with all my bikes and it looks like you've gone and bought the modifications I should always have bought. That wheelset has been on my CRC wish list so many times it's ridiculous!

Awesome stuff. I hope you'll love your Reign as much as I do. It's truly an amazing do it all bike.

PS: Keep this thread alive!
I ordered all my stuff from CRC first up, but they sent the wrong XT wheelset (WH-M775) so I gave up on them and got the proper set (WH-M776) from TBSM. Now I have yet another set of spare wheels.

You bet I love the Reign, we are hitting daylight savings here on the weekend which means I'll be able to go out every night after work!

Lorday said:
Yeah its deffently in the top 5 (Justin's is numbah 1) for me, IMO you should get the frame done in black or white, then it'll be chanllenging Mr Fox's reign for the top spot....seriously.
Not sure about getting it sent away to be painted, means ill be without her for too long!

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
nice looking reign mate!
could still do some light DH runs on that!
ever go up trevallyn on it?

Update!

Bit belated I know ;)

8" Elixirs Front & Back
Maxxis Ranchero - Not really feeling this tyre, but I bought it with actual money so I'm gonna use it :D

Excuse the pics and Dirt. Not what you call a photographer.

Last edited:

jordn.stp

Likes Dirt
nice bike, personally not digging the 8 inch rotors, on elixirs I'm surprised the bike doesn't throw you off every time you stop, but still very well spec'd reign

edit: you also have dog shit in your back tyre, incase you didnt know :)

also, thinking of getting a ranchero for the rear on my bike, got some pro's and con's?