2007 Mtba Australian Marathon Mtb Championships

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
News from MTBA

MTBA is excited to announce that Brisbane based Two Wheel promotions have been appointed hosts of the the 2007 MTB Australian Marathon Championships names the Maxxis Coffs Mountain Marathon.

Set in the beautiful region of Bonville at Coffs Harbour its the ideal location for the Championships with easy driving distance from either Sydney or Brisbane with an Airport or train travel for those coming from further distances. There is ample accomodation from backpackers through to 5 star luxurious Resorts.

Number are capped to 500. Special permission to use this course has been obtained but for only 500 riders between the full and half Marathon. Additional riders can take part in the 25klm Marathon. DON'T MISS OUT GET YOUR ENTRIES IN EARLY.

New Course & Venue
Pine Creek Forest, Bonville - 15 minutes south of Coffs Harbour. We have been working hard with all the authorities at Coffs Harbour to bring you this fantastic new course all set in the beautiful rainforest of Pine Creek Forest at Bonville. This is pure mountain bikers heaven with 95% of the course off road with lots of flowing singles, fire trails. Ride from Bonville through the forest nearly to Bellingen and back to the start at Bonville. Course Map & profile coming soon.

Directions
From North - Travel down to Coffs Harbour CBD and then keep travelling South on the Pacific Highway for 13km and turn RIGHT, Glennifer Rd (just before the overpass - you will see Bonville School) then travel along Glennifer Rd for 6.5km to the staging area.

From South - Travel North along the Pacific Highway past Urunga turnoff for 14.5km then turn LEFT at Glennifer Rd, you will see the Bonville School and keep travelling along Gennifer Rd for 6.5km to the staging area. Follow the signs.

Registration
Saturday 30th June from 2pm-8pm at the Plantation Hotel, 88 Grafton St, Coffs Harbour (main road through Coffs Harbour - Look for the purple building). N.B. There will be no Registration on Sunday morning before the race

Riders briefing
Will be at the race staging area at Glennifer Rd, Bonville
Saturday 30th June - Information in power point presentation during Registration on Saturday.
Sunday 1st July for Full Marathon (6-45am), Half Marathon (8-45am) and 25km Recreational ride (9-30am)

Entry
Entries open: 1st APRIL 2007
Entries close: 1st JUNE 2007 (OR UNLESS FULL))

Race categories and cost
2007 MARATHON CHAMPION - FULL MARATHON: $110-00 per rider
NB - No rider under the age of 18yrs is permitted to take part in the Full Marathon Championship
Supporting events: HALF MARATHON 'COFFS SOFT' (age divisions as above except 16-29 yr men. 16-29yr women
and 25KLM RECREATIONAL - Riders from 14years can take part in this event. $69-00

Each rider receives a race pack which consists of Official T-Shirt, Official Biddon Bottle, Course Map with checkpoints, first aid & water stations marked.

KIDS MIN RACE - Price to be advised (different race pack from above)

More Information
Libby & Bill
Two Wheel Promotions
PO BOX 204
Canungra, Qld 4275
Mobile: 0417 752 714
Telephone: (07) 5543 5122
Fax: (07) 55435 144

Email: info@twowheelpromotions.com.au

Mmm, I was hoping that the flight Centre epic would host them again.
Looks a trip to Coffs later in the year now.
Hopefully the 500 cap will reduce the number of gumbies competing.

...jim

skanky media ho
I really enjoyed last year's Coffs Marathon.

It was in a different place and copped a bit of flak due to a perception of "not enough mountain biking" - too much firetrail V singletrack (there wasn't much ST). That was coloured because many of those less than happy werre punted to the 50km track due to missing reasonably conservitive cut-off times and some of the better riding was in the second half of the course.

I got through and had a ball - a painful ball, but a ball none the less.

I know TWP heard the criticisms and took 'em on board - moving the course is sign of that.

I have no doubt it'll be a cracker national title!!! If only it wasn't such a long drive from here.

Last edited:

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really enjoyed last year's Coffs Marathon.

It was in a different place and copped a bit of flak due to a perception of "not enough mountain bikingk" - too much firetrail V singletrack (there wasn't much ST). That was coloured because many of those less than happy werre punted to the 50km track due to missing reasonably conservitive cut-off times and some of the better riding was in the second half of the course.

I got through and had a ball - a painful ball, but a ball none the less.

I know TWP heard the criticisms and took 'em on board - moving the course is sign of that.

I have no doubt it'll be a cracker national title!!! If only it wasn't such a long drive from here.
at least you didn't have two painful balls.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'll jump in and let you guys and gals know that the track in this years race is not in any way similar to the last one (except for the dirt on your tyres factor). It is pure MTB trails.......you will enjoy it.;)

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll jump in and let you guys and gals know that the track in this years race is not in any way similar to the last one (except for the dirt on your tyres factor). It is pure MTB trails.......you will enjoy it.;)
yeah, but only 500 places? that is so small.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
yeah, but only 500 places? that is so small.
I am not any part of the event in any way so mate, I can't tell you any info in regards to much! The 500 rider limit will still put $55,000 in the bank account before eveything is paid for.........good work if you can get it!
I will be riding the trail in the next few weeks so I'll give a report.;)

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am not any part of the event in any way so mate, I can't tell you any info in regards to much! The 500 rider limit will still put $55,000 in the bank account before eveything is paid for.........good work if you can get it!
I will be riding the trail in the next few weeks so I'll give a report.;)
I suppose given the distance from a major city, that 500 shouldn't be too quick to fill up.

If I can get in, there will be at least one gumbie on the trail!

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Mmm, I was hoping that the flight Centre epic would host them again.
Looks a trip to Coffs later in the year now.
Hopefully the 500 cap will reduce the number of gumbies competing.
Probably because the Epic does not meet the criteria that is required to actually be the Marathon Championships, it is mostly a bitumen road, fire road and then a small part is single track. Yep, don't we love riding bitumen in Qld mtb races.