2007 NSW/ACT State 4X Series Round 4

oldbean

NSWMTB
Details are as follows:
Date: Sunday, October 7th
Practice: 8:00am till approximately 10:30am
Racing: Qualifiers from 11:00am, Semis and/or Finals from 1:00pm approximately
Entry: $40, plus Day License (if required) $15

Location: Ebenezer, 142 Tizzana Road. See the WSMTB website for detailed directions.

There is no official practice on Saturday. However, there will be people there from 10am getting the track ready for the racing on the following day. Those people who are there to help, and actually lend a hand in getting the track ready, may find the opportunity at the end of the day to practice the track and make sure the preparations are complete.

Any other questions, or if you want to let us know if you are coming on Saturday, you can PM me.

The fourth round of the 2007 NSW/ACT State 4X series was scheduled for Sydney Olympic Park. Due to the construction of the BMX track adjacent to the MTNX track, and the close association that SOPA want between the two, they don't want any events held at the site before the National 4X round there on October 20th and 21st and the opening of the BMX track at the same time.

So, we have moved the round to October 7th at the Ebenzer 4X track. This track was quite popular and gave some good close racing when used previously. We regret that a track has to be used a second time in the series, but it is out of our hands. We believe that a race at a proven venue, even if used before, is better than no race at all.

Changes have been made to the track. The second last corner has had the outside burm changed to make it faster and make a viable alternative to the big jump/inside line combination.

I hope this doesn't inconvenience too many people and that you can all get behind this last race of the season and come out for a great day's racing.

See you at the races!

Last edited:

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
James, does round 5 actually mean round 4?

I think originally round 4 was Greengrocers which ended up being round 3

but i'm not sure

A

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
goulburn was round 4
Goulburn was Round 4 until Round 3 scheduled for Olympic Park was changed to Ebenezer as stated in this thread. The race at Kurrajong was the NSW Championships and therefor not part of the series.

The Series is now:
#1. April 21st - Mt Stromlo
#2. May 6th - Ebenezer
Championships. July 29th - Kurrajong
#3. August 19th - Goulburn (originally Round 4)
#4. October 7th - Ebenezer (originally Round #3 Sept 23rd at Olympic Park (originally scheduled for June 24th as posted here by the NSWMTB President))

oldbean

NSWMTB
Goulburn was Round 4 until Round 3 scheduled for Olympic Park was changed to Ebenezer as stated in this thread. The race at Kurrajong was the NSW Championships and therefor not part of the series.

The Series is now:
#1. April 21st - Mt Stromlo
#2. May 6th - Ebenezer
Championships. July 29th - Kurrajong
#3. August 19th - Goulburn (originally Round 4)
#4. October 7th - Ebenezer (originally Round #3 Sept 23rd at Olympic Park (originally scheduled for June 24th as posted here by the NSWMTB President))
Thnaks for clearing that up Squid! Sorry for not picking up on that earlier.

Slave

Likes Dirt
So this round has now been moved to Bathurst 1000 weekend. I know where I (and others) will be.

Musgrove

Likes Dirt
Another date change???

What was wrong with the September 23rd date?
I understand the original need to change from the SOP venue and a date change to keep the event at SOP. I also understand the need now to change from SOP but why another date change?
Not only is it Bathurst weekend but it is in the middle of the school holidays. Some (lost of) people will already have plans
It is almost like we don't want riders to attend these races.
Jeff

lucky phil

Likes Bikes
i cant wait to race but i fear i wont be able to with my knee being wrecked but i hope the extra time will help to get my knee back into shape.

moto-james

Likes Dirt
so are there times on what is happening on the day?
when is:
practice
rider briefing
racing
etc

and directions?

old4dy

Likes Dirt
The track is at Ebenezer

if you go to WSMTB in the clubs section they have a listing of what goes on plus directions to the track.

Cheers

oldbean

NSWMTB
Results

A good days racing under sunny skies saw Terry Scarr, recently returned from a season racing in Europe, take the win in the Elite mens division. Cody Eichorn was very close behind in 2nd and hometown hero Doug Dunn rode well all day to snag 3rd place.

Elite Men
1. Terry Scarr
2. Cody Eichorn
3. Doug Dunn

Elite Women
1. Julia Boer
2. Melissa Collins

U19 Men
1. Seaton Humphreys
2. Matt Walker
3. Brad Morris

Full results are in the attached PDF