31st March to 1st April:eek:

Where??

Probably Dargle :D

When will entries open??
29th March :p

digger

Likes Dirt
Wtf!!

Not that I'd know s%*t from clay in the big-time event organisation arena but but from a competitor's point of view, isn't that a bit dis-organised?? entries open 29th march and the event starts 31st?? is there an entry limit?, are people going to show up only to be turned away as the event is oversubscribed? sounds like a complete shambles in the making to me...

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Not that I'd know s%*t from clay in the big-time event organisation arena but but from a competitor's point of view, isn't that a bit dis-organised?? entries open 29th march and the event starts 31st??
I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not... but Alchemist is...

...BOP have had a bit of a history for being a bit late with getting the online entry thing sorted though.

Cheers
Gonz

nrs1mounty

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not... but Alchemist is...

...BOP have had a bit of a history for being a bit late with getting the online entry thing sorted though.

Cheers
Gonz
terribly slow and if you happen to be overcharged when you enter online you have no chance whatsoever of getting your money back, owes me about $100 i think, conveniently all of my emails go unanswered. Its a shame the admin side is so bad because the events themselves are usually pretty good.

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
terribly slow and if you happen to be overcharged when you enter online you have no chance whatsoever of getting your money back, owes me about $100 i think, conveniently all of my emails go unanswered. Its a shame the admin side is so bad because the events themselves are usually pretty good.
Its sad that you need to do this, but, if you 'cc' andrew@transitionzone.com.au on any email you send, you might then have some more luck.

cheers,

schacksta

bike182mtb

Likes Dirt
nzo sydney 24 hour

the entires i think are open now. if you are owe any money if you ask for stu at the event he will fix the problem.all the bop events ready rock .great fun

nrs1mounty

Likes Dirt
the entires i think are open now. if you are owe any money if you ask for stu at the event he will fix the problem.all the bop events ready rock .great fun
still closed as of 4.45pm Tuesday 20th. I spoke to Stu at one of last yrs events and he said he couldnt do it on the spot but if i sent an email to him he would fix it up. haha what a joke. I am not worried though, only a small amount of money, $80 or so i think. there was a problem with the online entry so from now on i wont enter unless it is 100% correct before i hit the "confirm" button. Too much hassle otherwise. I agree though, they are usually good events, he just needs to brush up on his admin skills or fire the person who currently looks after it.

blomtrog

Likes Dirt
for me it says the "site is under construction" as in, online entry isnt available yet?
im hoping it opens soon to get in.
how many people in teams for 24hours? ive only done the 12 hrs.
im thinking 8? 3 single speeders? awesome:D

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Is there any thing that's not 'Cross friendly? Rowney did a pretty quick lap on his one year.

I think the most cross friendly will be stromlo in october - snow up top, mud down the bottom.

nrs1mounty

Likes Dirt
its pretty expensive, for a 4 man team its $480 + day license (if needed)
Thats the same if not dearer than the Scott/mont 24hr. It would want to be a good event with great amenities (spelling?) for that cost.
I will still be entering in a 4 man team but will be quite p!$$ed if it turns out to be crap. Will have to wait and see i guess.

nrs1mounty

Likes Dirt
Same price as the Scott. I checked out of curiosity...
what i meant was that the Scott or Mont as it was previously is pretty good in terms of amenities for riders, ie toilets, showers, countless food places, big screen tv's, bike shop supplies etc. I wonder if these are going to be available at Dargle. Somehow i doubt it. Hopefully i am proven wrong.
I would like to make this event a permanent one on my race calender.

craign

Likes Dirt
what i meant was that the Scott or Mont as it was previously is pretty good in terms of amenities for riders, ie toilets, showers, countless food places, big screen tv's, bike shop supplies etc. I wonder if these are going to be available at Dargle. Somehow i doubt it. Hopefully i am proven wrong.
I would like to make this event a permanent one on my race calender.
Well yeah, I though the Scott was very good in terms of facilities for riders! For the same price, I'd expect similar facilities! If it can't live up to it maybe people will cut the Scott 06 organisers some slack????

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Heaps of showers, toliets, food, bike parts, TV, bands at the Sydney 24hr. Much more of a party than the Scontt

nrs1mounty

Likes Dirt
Heaps of showers, toliets, food, bike parts, TV, bands at the Sydney 24hr. Much more of a party than the Scontt
thats what i wanted to hear, Thanks Mr Alchemist.
Party and riding, what more could you want! oooohhh maybe some cute promotional girls to keep us inspired:)

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
thats what i wanted to hear, Thanks Mr Alchemist.
Party and riding, what more could you want! oooohhh maybe some cute promotional girls to keep us inspired:)
So if there are no showers (I note you didn't say "hot showers") and the promotional girls are local cows with painted udders, who do you hold to account?