2008/09 Victorian state series

S.

ex offender
Prices are jumping like mad because the Aussie dollar has dropped massively compared to the US dollar recently (and the price of metals has jumped a fair whack this year, steel in particular). A couple of months ago it was nearly 1:1, now the Aussie dollar is only worth 71 US cents.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it sucks all the prices are going up... Might have to get a Malvern Star to race the Vic Series on now :eek:

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Yeah it sucks all the prices are going up... Might have to get a Malvern Star to race the Vic Series on now :eek:
Preety sure Malvern Star dont make a DH bike Woody. Although if they did im sure it would be great spec going by the rest of the range.

-Brent

FlAvOuR

Likes Bikes
Yer that does suck. I guess i was wrong. Did you bike shop actually say to you that the bike was going up to 4k though. Im assuming that you ordered it, so you should be able to say that you hade alreday agreed on a price $3595 and that you wont pay the extra that you wernt expecting.

-Brent
yeh man i ordered mine and the bike shop dude said i can have it for the price i paid which is good. what sucks is i havnt ridin DH in like 10 weeks and i get the bike the night before long gully so im gona be pretty rusty:eek: lol

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Unless the Giant website says "Price subject to Change without notice" and you ordered and deposited based on the web price, they don't have a leg to piss on. This goes with anything you purchase and not just bikes. And you can still negotiate a good price, RRP is not what you pay for goods.

Back on topic!

Bring on Long Gully and the new season. Can't wait to see friends I haven't seen since last season.......:D
Mrs Hux has herself a new camera...actually mine but I'm a nice guy to lend it to her. So make sure you check out all the images for each round on the site. And don't forget about Split Second, a series DVD...yeaow!

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
Ok so Baw Baw will be my first time racing probably but I have a few questions...

I am kind of confused about the prices...
I will be racing under 15's and I thought if you bought a yearly membership you only had to pay like 10 bucks per race.

I don't have a yearly licence so will I pay about $60 to race? Is that all race things for Baw Baw?
On the website apparently you need to pay to get access to the mountain,
Is that included in the $60 or whatever you pay?

Also were is a good place to stay because I can't seem to find anywhere that is cheap...

Thanks for any help...

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am kind of confused about the prices...
I will be racing under 15's and I thought if you bought a yearly membership you only had to pay like 10 bucks per race.

I don't have a yearly licence so will I pay about $60 to race? Is that all race things for Baw Baw?
On the website apparently you need to pay to get access to the mountain,
Is that included in the $60 or whatever you pay?
You will find that you will need to pay the following:

Entry fee for Under 15: $55-65 going by a guess.
Series Number Plate: $10 (This is a one off charge for the plate you keep for the series).
Race License: Yearly under 15 - $80 or day license is $15.
Carparking fee: I think that it was like $5 per day from memory.

TOTAL: $155-165
Thats the total to enter, get a yearly license, and pay for the carpark for 2 days.

If you decide to get a yearly license you will be joining either FTF or the Gippsland Club (they are running it together so I'm not sure how it will work). Of the $80, 70 will go direct to MTBA (The prices from MTBA have gone up $10 this year).

Once you have the yearly license you will still need to pay the standard entry fee ( around $55-70) for each race. So basically you are saving $15 per race because you won't need a day license at each event.

I hope that this helps!

Last edited:

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
Thanks heaps...
Whats International like at Buller (That's the race track right?)
I should be alright but I'm just worried there will be one stand out thing I won't be able to do meaning I couldn't race there...

Any Heads up?

Lube

Likes Dirt
Thanks heaps...
Whats International like at Buller (That's the race track right?)
I should be alright but I'm just worried there will be one stand out thing I won't be able to do meaning I couldn't race there...

Any Heads up?
You will be fine mate, anything difficult there will be B-Lines for those who cannot do the A-Lines.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
You will be fine mate, anything difficult there will be B-Lines for those who cannot do the A-Lines.
Except the wall ride thing. Some people have difficulty with that.

Edit: Sorry, the wall ride won't be used for the State round. Only the nationals, and as this thread is about STate...ignore my post.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Except the wall ride thing. Some people have difficulty with that.

Edit: Sorry, the wall ride won't be used for the State round. Only the nationals, and as this thread is about STate...ignore my post.
i was going to say haha i would have crapped myself if we had to do the wallride ;) any tips on doing it? the switchbacks are going to get raped but.....

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
i was going to say haha i would have crapped myself if we had to do the wallride ;) any tips on doing it? the switchbacks are going to get raped but.....
Switchbacks do get blown out, but there is normally a rut formed....hit that.

Tips for the Wall ride......don't go straight ahead! **cough** Gobby **cough**

agent 99

Likes Bikes
Is there any info up yet ,or can anyone tell me about the mt baw baw race. I'm just starting to get excited as its going to be my first race.:) cheers.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Wallride? pfft, its just a wooden berm.

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
since the wall ride isnt being used for the state round does that mean that everyone will have to take that long B- line?