Brakes: Avid Juicy 3
Bars: Sunline Vs01
Chain Guide: Travativ Box Guide
Hubs: Axiom 20mm Front and Axiom 12mm Rear
RIMS: Front:Sun Single Track, and soon to be rear, Sun MTX
Rubber: Maxxis Minion Front's
Seat: BBB Cro-mo Rail Seat
Pedals:Funn Solejam Vipers

Pics: (One of me riding the bike as well)

Attachments

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
loving the look of the bike with the upgrades, ive got an 08 atomik aswell:p

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Yeh, it looks alright. Might go a bit slow though. Love you snaps. Why the sunline direct mount. I'm not a fan, they seem heavy. But direct mount IS the way. No more lining up wheels and bars.

Nukid

Likes Dirt
Luke, they are 147grams!! Thats light as!! Anyway thats what i like and i cant wait till i dont have to worry about lining my wheel up with the stem

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
It's true, they're so much better than your normal stems. 147? i thought they were like 200. E-13's come in at a touch over 170.

Lovin the bars too mate. Think i might have to get some new ones.

Nukid

Likes Dirt
It's true, they're so much better than your normal stems. 147? i thought they were like 200. E-13's come in at a touch over 170.

Yeh mate, ill agree with that. Wide bars are so sexual, make tyhe bike feel so much nicer!

Ozza

Eats Squid

You both ride Norcos, your bikes are never going to be light unless you spend a substancial amount of cash and research like j5ive did.

Looks nice Nick, what rise are those bars?

Nukid

Likes Dirt
You both ride Norcos, your bikes are never going to be light unless you spend a substancial amount of cash and research like j5ive did.

Looks nice Nick, what rise are those bars?
Umm i think they may be the 2" one's but im not really sure, i like the width of them and couldnt give a fruit loop about the rise!

Nukid

Likes Dirt
No more straight bars when you hit a tree. :rolleyes:

Nice bike dude. First upgraded one ive seen.
Haha but im not planning on hitting any so it doesnt matter!! Thanks mate, still more upgrades to come just waiting on some money!

Last edited:

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Rise is either 19mm (3/4") or the 38mm (1.5") rise if its the V1, Nick. My money would be on the 1.5". I'm thinkin of pickin up some in the 19mm rise. Yeh low rise.

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the rise is all about personal preference. I have a 1.5" rise and was considering getting some lighter, 1 inch rise bars. But keeping in mind I’m 6'2.5 its really not worth it. Don’t let people say it gives a better feel/handle for dh, up to you. ;)

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
I think the rise is all about personal preference. I have a 1.5" rise and was considering getting some lighter, 1 inch rise bars. But keeping in mind I’m 6'2.5 its really not worth it. Don’t let people say it gives a better feel/handle for dh, up to you. ;)
So true. All depends on what you like, and how your bike is set-up. Sweet wheels Nick. Go get some spokes so you can learn how to lace them up.

Spanners

Likes Bikes
Yeah Snappers. No more upgrades till you have got the 2nd MTX and spokes fella.Those single tracks are nearly dead!!! Your bike looks great by the way mate!!