2008 Giant Reing X1 headset question

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
I've got a new set of forks with a 1.5" steerer tube. I'm using the forks as part of a hardtail build.

Also in possession of a 2008 Giant Reign X1 frame with a 1 1/8 " headset and fork on it.

Considering switching the forks between the hardtail build and the Reign.

Is there a 1.5" headset (not tapered) out there that would suit the 08 Giant Reign X1 frame?

Just thought I'd get a bit of quick feedback before I start harassing the guys at the LBS to track one down for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

brendonj

Likes Dirt
I've got a new set of forks with a 1.5" steerer tube. I'm using the forks as part of a hardtail build.

Also in possession of a 2008 Giant Reign X1 frame with a 1 1/8 " headset and fork on it.

Considering switching the forks between the hardtail build and the Reign.

Is there a 1.5" headset (not tapered) out there that would suit the 08 Giant Reign X1 frame?

Just thought I'd get a bit of quick feedback before I start harassing the guys at the LBS to track one down for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Pretty sure that Nukeproof and Canecreek do these. Measure inside your head tube and check out their websites or chainreactioncycles. Was looking at this myself on my reign X.