2008 Norco Atomiks only days away!

bikeculture

bicycle boutique
Thats right folks. The new much anticipated and highly desirable Norco Atomik DH bike will be in around the 9th of next month!

As usual please call, PM or email us or more info on this!

(reflectors and plastic bag seat covers are extra!)
Get in Quick as these are a steal! we have secured the majority of bikes available!!!!!!
Ph: 0295438233
E: info@bikeculture.com.au
M: myspace.com/bikeculture

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Farout bikes are comming out cheap these days. I can't believe they're bringing them out this soon in '07. Its crazyness seeings the 07 DH bikes only landed 4 months ago.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
bringing it out this early makes me think something was wrong with years really badly and they are trying to cover it up with this... but probably not :p

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Looks great and from what I hear the price is amazing :cool: But I might just wait a few weeks til the 2010 models come out :D

bikeculture

bicycle boutique
just to let everyone know. this is the only model in the norco line that is coming early! And the only reason they have come through so early is due to excess team frames from the 007 production. So lets thank the kind folk at norco for allowing all of us to enjoy such a great bike for such a crazy price for even longer than normal!!!

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
should have just called it 07 Atomik series 2.
there is 9 months till 08

BIGDave

Likes Dirt
What i want to know is how would u get access to the 08 parts, would any 08 parts of been made by now, what if the manurfactures want to change/re-design/improve some of thier parts, that they have, for some reason, released for norco earlier.

how can an 08 bike come out like probs 5-6 months earlier than the rest of the market, without the rest of the markets products having been completed and produced and then be avalible for norco, let alone for the consumers a few months later.

Please enlighten me someone.

Last edited:

Tallman

Likes Dirt
What i want to know is how would u get access to the 08 parts, would any 08 parts of been made by now, what if the manurfactures want to change/re-design/improve some of thier parts, that they have, for some reason, released for norco earlier.

how can an 08 bike come out like probs 5-6 months earlier than the rest of the market, without the rest of the markets products having been completed and produced and then be avalible for norco, let alone for the consumers a few months later.

Please enlighten me someone.
exactly...i wouldnt mind knowing that either aswell. 4 months(?) since the 07 came out? but still, if they needed to clear 07 frames then hey, why not! Great deal, wish id waited another 5 months and got one of these instead of my shore....anyway

Jarrad

Likes Dirt
Its simple.. Norco are saying that its an 2008 bike. Its really not that much of an 08 bike IMO. The only thing that would be 08 on that bike is the frame. With bikes like this that come out stupidly early they still have ALL 07 components on them. And the frame is NOT a 07 team dh as bikeculture stated either. Just look at the shock mounts on the thing.

Last edited:

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its simple.. Norco are saying that its an 2008 bike. Its really not that much of an 08 bike IMO. The only thing that would be 08 on that bike is the frame. With bikes like this that come out stupidly early they still have ALL 07 components on them. And the frame is NOT a 07 team dh as bikeculture stated either. Just look at the shock mounts on the thing.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. This IS the 07 Team DH frame. Look more carefully to note that the Team DH ran a ROCO rear shcok, and this Atomik runs Fox DHX3. Norco have use a differerent mount to suit the type of shock used. The frame is the same as 07 Team DH.

Also, why cant Norco call it an 08 bike? This is the exact same component list for the remainder of this model thoughout upcoming season...including into 2008. It doesn't have to have 2008 componentry on it to qualify. It is an 08 cause Norco choose to call it an 08...

Thanks for trying though.

Bike Culture is correct, they know their shite:D That's why they sell our bikes.

Last edited:

Jarrad

Likes Dirt
So what your saying is that the 2008 Atomik will have the same geometery and travel in the rear end as the 07 team dh?

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
The shock mount looks the same as my bike, will be interesting to see what they have in stock for 08 team, best be something rad :D

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So what your saying is that the 2008 Atomik will have the same geometery and travel in the rear end as the 07 team dh?

Oh not another one. Get real champ. Tell me where I said that, verbatim. :rolleyes:

That has nothing to do with geometry. Especially given the Atomik will have different forks to the Team DH bike.

Come on now, just stop playing around and wait till the bike arrives. Then be the judge.

Cheers
Big S

Jarrad

Likes Dirt
OK then, I take that back. Substitute same to similar. I'm not trying to be an arse, I just find it very interesting that norco are using their team frame on what is their beginner downhill bike. Sorry if it has come across like that.

bikeculture

bicycle boutique
Now In Stock!

They have landed! Come samply THE best value for money downhill bike available this year!

Yes we do have a demo, yes you can ride it. Yes we will also price match any other shop in NSW (as long as its in stock and a tag price!) and yes we will also be offering E13 direct mounts at a crazy deal to finish off your new DH bike.

Call for pricing and whats left!

0295438233!

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK then, I take that back. Substitute same to similar. I'm not trying to be an arse, I just find it very interesting that norco are using their team frame on what is their beginner downhill bike. Sorry if it has come across like that.
Mate, no sweat. It's very exciting that Norco are using the 07 Team race frame on the 08 entry level DH bike. Just plain exciting.

Just think what they have up their sleeves for the rest of the stable!

I can tell you - it's going to shake everyone up;) I mean, this 08 Atomik already has...:cool:

Thanks to Bike Culture for posting a pic of the ACTUAL bike! It looks sooooo much better in the flesh.

$2,999??? I can't beleive it;)

bikeculture

bicycle boutique
2 Have gone already!!!!!!

Don't be left high and dry! Get that bike the can take you to victory at all the up coming NSW state races!

Dont forget it also has adjustable geometry!!!!

emcgough

Likes Dirt
Aaargh god dammit, in spite of how much I hate Norco..... that DOES actually look like one of the best value beasts going around. It pains me to admit this, but that bike looks seriously fucking good in the photo above, and for $2999 :eek: