2008 NSWMTB Dual Slalom rounds #2 and #3

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Rounds #2 and #3 of a new Dual Slalom series is to be held at mt Panorama, Bathurst March 8th and 9th.

These will be the Southern Cross10 Dual Slalom hosted by CTMBC with support from our great mates at Sportz (Norco, 661, mace, Gos...)

Bathurst council were so excited about it they thought they'd provide us with a bit of entertainment in the form of Newtons Playground... Wolrd Cup luge, live music, Grinspoon, BMX, skate, wake....

Anyway entries are open and we need people to preenter to help the logistics of getting people into the venue (Every one else pays big $$$ to get in Competitors get in free as part of their race entry)

Full info for the event can be found at http://www.newtonsplayground.com.au/main.asp.

Remember entering DS is a cheap way to gain entry into the whole event.

The Track will be basically bermed flat track with the occasional tabletop jump.

We'd like this to be big as Bathurst council is putting a fair bit into it and there are options to expand into other disciplines for next year if they think it's worthwhile so get you cheque books/money orders out and get cracking.

So entry forms attached

Attachments

Last edited:

dirtdemon

Likes Dirt
The NSW website indicates that Round 1 is on at Olympic Park has this been cancelled????

"The series will kick off at Sydney Olympic Park on February 15 & 16 with a dual slalom on Saturday and the mountain X on Sunday. The series then moves to Bathurst for Newton’s Playground with rounds 2 & 3 of the dual slalom series on Saturday and Sunday, all the other races will be dual slalom on Saturday and mountain X on Sunday with Kurrajong, Ebenezer, Goulburn and Stromlo tracks being used."

Razor-ryder

Likes Dirt
Unless someone gets out there now and does some serious digging at homebush i would not be turning up to the race..

The track is an absolute shambles at the moment

thecat

Unless someone gets out there now and does some serious digging at homebush i would not be turning up to the race..

The track is an absolute shambles at the moment
Are you serious? This race is at Bathurst!!! What has that got to do with Homebush?

thecat

Doh! Lack of communication... Sorry

Last I heard our rounds were going to be #1 and #2. Looks like that got changed with out anyone telling us... I'll edit the title to suit

Anyway can we keep this thread about the Bathurst rounds on March 8th and 9th I don't want these over shaddowed with another shit fight over Sydney Olympic Park.

Last edited:

Micl

Likes Bikes
DS Track

So what is the track format. Is it the old style big grass hill with flags or does it have jumps and berms etc.

My daughter is thinking of riding and could handle a hill with flags but not a MTNX track...

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
2008 NSWMTB Dual Slalom

Sorry guys have been trying to get a few things happening and not having much luck, Yes the first round is listed as SOPMMX, we are trying to get the track resurfaced in time but too wet so far hope we make it. Plus I wanted to run the dual Slalom in the P1 car park down ramp 5 floors with lifts to top this is proving to also be a problem, at this point I amy have to put the SOPMMX round after Newtons Palyground, Craig Dont change it.

GTkonaHORSE

Likes Bikes
Newtons sounds awsome but with 1 prob .
Here is a massive chance for mtb to get TV time and some exposure and we run slalom? Are you kidding with all the other of the wall sports there we run slalom.I geuss this is just another thing that will help us look like a gravity sport on telly some poor sod being laughed at on sports tonight as he falls of in slow motion.
I thought some sort of 4x race with decent sized jumps at least.
Think about it do you turn fuel on and see crazy slalom snow skiing or boarder cross .
Slalom is good but 4x has the tv cred .

thecat

Newtons sounds awsome but with 1 prob .
Here is a massive chance for mtb to get TV time and some exposure and we run slalom? Are you kidding with all the other of the wall sports there we run slalom.I geuss this is just another thing that will help us look like a gravity sport on telly some poor sod being laughed at on sports tonight as he falls of in slow motion.
I thought some sort of 4x race with decent sized jumps at least.
Think about it do you turn fuel on and see crazy slalom snow skiing or boarder cross .
Slalom is good but 4x has the tv cred .
Thanks for the vote of support.

It's not as though we had an unlimited budget and could do what ever we pleased.

For year one we are a bit limited in what we could do. I thought Dual would be the best way to go with the space we had (We didn't have the time to get a MtnX Track approved and built and I very much doubt they would let us do that any way.

We are also running a Jump Jam, trials and invitational On road Down Hill. 4 abreast down through the Esses but, hell those will look shit on TV too:cool:

Besides a lot of people don't like racing MtnX and have been asking to bring back Dual Slalom.

thecat

So what is the track format. Is it the old style big grass hill with flags or does it have jumps and berms etc.

My daughter is thinking of riding and could handle a hill with flags but not a MTNX track...
Basically flat track with some berms and maybe a small table top or two.

GTkonaHORSE

Likes Bikes
The idiots who cant ride and get smashed at 4x wont like slalom one they get smashed eather.As stated sounds good maybe a freeride /slope style event would be good in the future.We will just wait and see the out come of this year.
Nothing against you or the organisers as you put in the time and effort hope it runs smooth just a personal concern no affence.

caddy

Likes Dirt
Just a quick Q (sorry if its been said and I've missed it), but when do entries for DS close? I know it's important to get entries done early to get an idea of rider numbers and cater for that number and I'm very keen to ride the event but I'm currently sorting out a pretty major drama of not having a bike in my garage to ride... so if I could find out the latest that I can enter that would be great so I know how much time I have to sort out a replacement bike.

Cheers guys, look forward to the event! :)

noballz

Likes Dirt
How do we pay and where do we send our applications to? The application form on the website has a credit card section, and says we can email to sir.isaac@newtonsplayground.com.au. Can we use that application form instead of the one attached to this thread?

Just a quick Q (sorry if its been said and I've missed it), but when do entries for DS close?
According to the application form on the website it says 'PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES 28TH FEBRUARY 2008, OR YOU CAN REGISTER ON THE DAY UNLESS RIDER LIST IS FULL'.

thecat

How do we pay and where do we send our applications to? The application form on the website has a credit card section, and says we can email to sir.isaac@newtonsplayground.com.au. Can we use that application form instead of the one attached to this thread?
Go through the website if easier. I only pasted the other forms here as I had a few people email and say they could find them on the website.

According to the application form on the website it says 'PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES 28TH FEBRUARY 2008, OR YOU CAN REGISTER ON THE DAY UNLESS RIDER LIST IS FULL'.
correct