2008 Year 12 thread

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Come on then, spill, how'd ya go :p
Well, I needed 20credits for my QCE, finished with 30 so that was never a problem. And I scored a B on the QCS exam, which I'm pretty happy with.

I don't get an OP as I'm actually ineligible, but by choice in my case. Moving onto a Tafe diploma next year so I decided I didn't need one. This meant I cruised through Grade 12 with 4 subjects + a Cert III in IT, and a ton of free periods :p

So far all the people from my grade who I have spoken to have received OPs of -10. Without sounding too snobbish, with my results over the past 2 years I think I would've been looking at something below 10 aswell....

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lowest mark (HSC) 78.
Hishest mark 89.

UAI 69.45.

Going to go kill someone now. WTF:mad::mad::confused::mad::mad:
yep, i got rooted as well.

sucks cause the people who did heaps easy subjects got crazy uais like in the 90s.

check out ACU as a uni all their courses are in the 60s, or the ourimbah branch of newcastle uni.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Wow, nice work jeff!

I got a 7, I was hoping for under a 10 and expecting an 8, so I'm pretty happy.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
whoo, TER of 99.15. Stoked. Very stoked. Scaling didn't happen quite the way we all wanted it to though.

Ended up getting 87.65 UAI, which gets me into my course pretty easy.

Now to decide where to do engineering,

University of Sydney
or
University of Technology
Tech unis tend to give a better practical skill base. I'm headed to Curtin, even though it doesn't have the reputation for theory that University of WA has, it produces engineers with more practical skills which turn out to be more desirable to hire.

Last edited: