2008 Yeti 575....

Crippler

Likes Dirt
Love it! Reminds me a lot of my bike :p How does it ride?

After some more riding i'm becomming even more impressed with the ride of the 575. I bought it to be an all rounder, but set it up for long XC rides with the ability to decend well and play about when i want.

It does all these things very well. It doesn't bob that much at all when peddling, though I tend to ride with the Pro Pedal on 2 when doing longer rides, just to keep the back end a little stiffer (oh and by the way, the lateral stiffness when cranking in great, no carbon flex)..

It tracks really well yet still feels relaxed. Surprisingly enough, it actually climbs a lot better that i thought too. I'm very happy with the weight which certainly makes a difference on the climbs.

Decending is great, plush through the travel, stable and a perfect balance. Once you get the shock sorted for your weight and stlye its great even when sending it off some smaller jumps (limited with the seat post right up!)...

A lot of the riding so far has just been at the You Yangs and Yarra Trails, even though you don't need 5.5" on the Yarra Trails, its super sweet for ploughing over the roots and playing about. The You Yangs makes it shine, the Western Plantation loop is completly smooth now and you can get an insane rythem going through the trees at warp speed..yet you can also bomb the trails over at the bike park with confidence and speed...

So yeah as an alrounder i'm extremely happy with the choice, its a perfect mix of everything in my books.