2009/2010 Vic DH Series DATES AND VENUES!!

swanny

Likes Dirt
Ok, after weeks of talks between all the Vic clubs and after a really positive meeting with many representatives from Vic mountain biking last weekend, the dates and venues for the coming Victorian DH Series (VDHS) are ready to announce.
These dates and venues are as good as locked in, but please understand that there is the possibility of changes, as we continue to have information come to us.

Here goes:

Round 1 VDHS: Eildon. 17/18 October, FTF
Round 2 VDHS: Yackandandah. 14/15 November, Beechworth Chain Gang
Round 3 VDHS: Mt Beauty (Short track). 6/7 February, Team Mt Beauty.
State Champs: Mt Baw Baw, 27/28 Feb, FTF/GMTB
Round 4 VDHS: Mt Taylor (Bairnsdale) 27/28 March, GMTB
Round 5 VDHS: Big Hill (Mt Beauty), 10/11 April, FTF
Round 6 VDHS: You Yangs (newish track) 24/25 April ,YYDH
Presentation Day: Long Gully 15/16 May, ALL CLUBS.

So, some of the details that I can announce, that may interest you are:
-6 point scoring rounds (no dropping rounds)
-One State Champs (no points)
-Qualifying rules, Elite Men: Top 20 ONLY
Elite Women: Top 10 Only (may not get that many but we hope to!!)
U 19 Men: Top 15 ONLY
U17 Men: Top 15 ONLY
That is all.
-Consistent Race schedules with Pro Practise for one hour on Saturday but also the inclusion of No Pro's on course for a different hour.
-New venue Mt Taylor, getting rave reviews.
-Hopefully some new track sections at Eildon and Baw Baw.
-Provisions for better prizes and prize money, and more trophys!!
-Same great atmosphere and excellent transport.

As mentioned, these dates are confirmed, but always keep your eyes and ears open on this website and www.vicdhseries.com which WILL have more updates this year and a whole new feel.

So, start planning your holidays, getting time off, doing some training, getting new bikes and fresh kits, its going to be a cracker of a season!!
Bring it on!!

Last edited:

notso

Likes Dirt
Sounds awesome!

Quick question, are we able to change category mid season? eg, If I start in Expert but want to move up to Elite mid season?

A big thanks to Swanny and Kingy who have done heaps of work behind the scenes to make a great series even better.
We all appreciate it.

Bring it on!
Ben

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is there going to be u17 qualifying at EVERY round?

it was a bit confusing in the last series as we were never certain if we were qualifying or not.

sounds great though, and will be good to ride some new tracks.

revell

Likes Dirt
Can i put in a vote for the national track to be run at mt beauty? I think transport would be a lot better with a much more interesting track for everyone to race on. Otherwise the season is looking good! I'm also loving the idea of a real state champs this year!

thanks Lewis

Last edited:

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can i put in a vote for the national track to be run at mt beauty? I think transport would be a lot better with a much more interesting track for everyone to race on. Otherwise the season is looking good! I'm also loving the idea of a real state champs this year!

thanks Lewis
I dont think so. I got 5 runs i think in of big hill on practice day, thats about 45-50 minutes of riding time. im not sure there are any other state rounds ive ever been to that has had transport that gave you that much ride time.

swanny

Likes Dirt
YES, U17 Qual at EVERY round!!
The only issue with this will be if finals are cut short due to circumstances out of race org control, rider injuries, VERY extreme weather, etc, but this usually isnt a problem. The plan is to have it at every race.

Lewis, we can certainly look at the option of the National track for Beauty. At this stage its planned for Big Hill. This year the national track was not in condition to race (i think). The decision it up to FTF and Mt Beauty to decide. Talk to Big Currie!!

Jimass

Eats Squid
I hope so, man GMBC looks scary as, well what I've seen of it..

Talking the fenced off features here..

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds great, havent heard of Yackandandah or mt taylor tracks what are they like

Last edited:

syko

Likes Dirt
sounds great, havent heard of Yackandandah before whats it like
Its a really fun track to ride, very fast and flowy.

Hopefully this year they can sort the fire road issue's out so we don't have to push to the top like a couple of years ago.

Mr.Whippy

Likes Dirt

thanks Lewis
Yeah i second the Nationals track at Mt Beauty, Big Hill was hell boring on all those fire roads, not really worth the drive for the second time round.

Lube

Likes Dirt
Barjang is having a miss this year to give it a bit of a break, and to build the suspense surrounding the highly mysterious and apparently bullsh*t hard track Sam and crew are building on the other side of the hill. It will be back, its not off the scene for good.

Mt Taylor is going to be a sweet inclusion. Rode it for the first time this weekend just past and had the best single day riding I have had in a long time! So fun and fast, and with changes to the track planned prior to racing, it will be even better!

As for You Yangs, you could compare it a little bit to a wedding, "Something new, something old..." Sounds like it is going to be a killer track, with less pedaling than B&G but still super fast and challenging.

Overall I think it is going to be a wicked season, the best one to date! The co-ordination of it all is going to be so much smoother, especially with inter-race standards such as same program time every race, ect.

Bring it on!

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
damn i was really hoping barjarg was gonna be there its a killer track, literally ;)

and as for mt beauty please run the nationals track.
big hill is good, the single track but fire roads are just plain boring and not really "downhill.".
either that or shorten the track to include less fireroad.

im sure many will agree.