2009 Boxxer world cup tuning ??

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys.

I have a set of Boxxer world cup (2009)
Forks where recently rebuilt and serviced 4 months ago.

Question i have is does any one actually know and can explain the short answer on what the floodgate and blue compresison knob actually do and where in the stroke are they making a difference to?

I find the blue compression know acts as a lock out if turned all the way and seems to only effect the beggining stroke.
The Floodgate well that thing seems useless, turn it max one way then the other and i cant tell the difference at all.

Does anyone else have experience on this?

cheers

Last edited:

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
The blue is your low speed you would never run it all the way on maybe 3 to 4 kicks on 5 if your massive. It helps to stop brake dive and pedal bob etc the low speed inpacks.
The flood gate is when you have a high speed inpack it blows open the low speed gate. The flood gate adjuster controls the point at which this happens. Its had to feel any diffrence in the flood gate pushing on the forks but if you have your low speed hard and ride up a gutter then wind the gate on hard and ride the same gutter you will feel it. Someone else and be able to explain it better but hope that helps.

They also have a internal high speed stack and if you are a lighter ride removing this can help in most cases.