2009 DJ1/ thicker oil?

andy g

Likes Dirt
Hey guys i baught a set of DJ1's about a month or two ago and i likie to run them pretty stiff but the only problem with that is they keep on topping out? i was just wondering if thicker oil would help stop the top out from happening?
thanks,

Last edited:

Nick_M2r

Likes Dirt
Hi mate
Thicker oil will only work if you have the updated late 09/2010 open bath rebound cart installed. Way to check is to simply jump up and down on the fork, and if you here a squelching sound then you have the open bath damper installed, and yes, changing to a thicker oil will affect the rebound (make slower with heavier oil) Marz forks often work better with a thicker oil

however if you have the older style nitrogen charged R cart (the most hideous and pathetic damper Marz has ever produced IMO) then no, changing the oil wont work because the damper is fully sealed, and will more than likely fail and lockup on you

andy g

Likes Dirt
Hey thanks for replying mate. yeah they do have theopen bath rebound cart in them becasue there 09 model and they do make a squelching sound. yeah i have heard a couple of people say that thicker makes them feel ALOT better!
thanks again mate.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Not bothering to check what the fork actually consist of but not using any of the 'Air PL' features of that fork can also help. Otherwise, 10/10 for what Nick_M2r posted.