STOLEN 2009 Giant Reign X0 (Newcastle)

instinct

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, my brother has just had his bike stolen today (27th of April), it was stolen from University of Newcastle NSW (Callaghan Campus). It was chained up, they cut the chain and left it on the ground.

It is a 2009 Medium Giant Reign X0. It was pretty much a new bike, had been sitting in a shop until jut a few weeks ago. Mint condition. They also stole a Limar helmet (Black, I think it was a 910 Carbon) which had a flashing red light on the back of it.

The bikes spec is stock apart from, upgraded Avid Elixer cr's (8 inch front rotor and 7 inch rear), and it also had Shimano PD-M545 pedals (clips with steel cage).
if you see someone riding a bike of this description and possibly wearing the helmet as well please don't hesitate to question them.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Picture of stock bike.

actionchris

Likes Dirt
Hey mate i go to newcastle uni too and i have the same bike. Its a medium giant reign X0 like your brothers. Only differences are mine still has a seven inch front and six inch rear rotor with elixer CR's, XO shifters, red protaper bars, rear kenda small block eight tire, the newer style crossmax wheels and black exustar pedals.

Just letting you know in case he saw me riding around on it and suspected it was his.

Last edited:
Good luck finding your bike buddy, i had one of my bike stolen and was very luck to see it one day ridding down the street looking the same as i had it.
hope you can pick it out from the crowd. all owners know of particular scratches on there bikes or something unique to your own bike lucky you had upgrades on the bike easy to see.
keeps a look out on ebay in my opinion

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Apparently Newy Uni is a mecca for bike thieves... the bikes often end up in the cash converters or 2nd hand shops of the local burbs according to security. My friend had hers stolen in the same way last year, luckily insurance covered the cost of a replacement.

Check the cash converters in places like Wallsend etc. you might find it there.

I know it doesn't help now but a cheapo bike for Uni commutes is the best way to go, make it look unappealing. Plus a good D-lock rather than a chain is much harder to cut through.