2009 junior team

noballz

Likes Dirt
Three of those guys will podium. Who wants to bet against me?;)
i will, after all its un-australian to back the tall poppy :p

btw has anything been announced about the rest of the squad. i cant find anything out there, but it is the middle of july. i would have expected the team to be in camp putting in the hard yards by now.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
btw has anything been announced about the rest of the squad. i cant find anything out there, but it is the middle of july.
That's because it is the middle of July :)

"The elite and U23 riders for all disciplines along with the remaining U19 riders to qualify will be announced in August as per the selection policy."

The media release containing this info is here, as per an earlier post in this thread, and the selection policy is attached below.

There are still some world cup races to go, which are selection races for the remaining junior spots.

Attachments

Last edited:

stevenw

Pro Rider
i will, after all its un-australian to back the tall poppy :p

btw has anything been announced about the rest of the squad. i cant find anything out there, but it is the middle of july. i would have expected the team to be in camp putting in the hard yards by now.
The rest of the team will be announced sometime in August.

Le Matelot beat me to it.....

G-rant

Likes Bikes
How many riders do the selectors select to be in the team after the automatic nominations are finalized?

and does anyone know when the criteria for the junior worlds team in 2010 will be released?

Last edited:

condog

Likes Dirt
How many riders do the selectors select to be in the team after the automatic nominations are finalized?

and does anyone know when the criteria for the junior worlds team in 2010 will be released?

probally same as always grant,
Aus has a killer team this year sure hope for the guys to get a win!

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
There is a total of 6 riders max per category/discipline but there is no obligation to fill all 6 spots.

So, if 3 have already been selected via the automatic selections (U19 Men XCO for example), then 3 more could be selected. For U19 Women XCO, there have only been 2 automatic selections. Rebecca Henderson won 2 of the 3 selection events and Shelly Flood the other. So, in theory, 4 more could be selected (except that I don't think there are 4 more contenders).

No - but you'd think it would be out by now, depending on when the selection period commences. For the 2009 Worlds, the selection period started on 16 June 2008. However, this is a CA decision, not an MTBA one.

G-rant

Likes Bikes
I whish jacko payno had a good season i thought he might of got in if he wasn't out for half the season and then crash bad again at national champs.