2009 Mt Stromlo WC Dates?

noballz

Likes Dirt
What are you trying to say? That they shouldn't be charging an entry fee? Why not? Do you think the Champs will get less spectators than what the world cup got because we have to pay? Are you serious......It's the word champs. And it's in Australia!:eek:
sorry i wasnt clear. i accept that people are willing to pay to see the champs whereas they wouldnt to see a world cup round. however i cannot understand why. what makes the champs better than a world cup round.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
most riders seem to push themselves harder for the world champs, really step it up a notch for that world champs stripes.

stevenw

Pro Rider
Also the world champs are special because you have been selected to ride for your country... The pride you feel when pulling on that green and gold shirt, lifts you to another level....You give it that much more in your race run and the most important thing is, you have to be selected to race... its not like a world cup where nearly anyone can race.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Hey, does anyone know if we'll be able to ride there after the race is done? As in monday, or tuesday or so. I don't know when i'll next be down that far and want to make the most of my trip.

peanut

Likes Dirt
they were doing some work at the bottom of the track leading up to the 4x. not sure if it has been finished but as it was about a month ago, my guess is yes.

i cant see this being popular, especially when every 2nd/3rd driver was whinging about paying a dollar for parking at the world cup last year, which leads me to another question. i get the impression that the champs are more attractive to spectators than a world cup. i say this as the world cup was free while you have to pay for the champs. however i cannot see why this is the case. firstly you are more likely to get better quality riders at a world cup as it is isnt dependent on your country sending you, and secondly there are way more aussies at a world cup round. so my question is why are spectators more likely to go to the champs than a world cup round?
Hmmm, I recall at the rotorua worlds a shite load of people, many of which were just the general public happily paid the cash to spectate, all of which had to pay for parking in a farmers paddock too.
Many travelled to new Zealand(like me) just to spectate, so i think it will still be a very popular event regardless of where in the world it's held.

I could be wrong but i was led to believe canberra was the first free wc dh event for spectators for some time?. Charging for parking was the only real way to generate some cash to try and pay for the event, unfortunately that didn't work out too well.

If people are baulking at the projected prices it is actually very cheap compared to other wc round or past worlds event, search for spectator and parking prices for a fort william wc and you'll see what i mean.

morgs

morgs
Hey, does anyone know if we'll be able to ride there after the race is done? As in monday, or tuesday or so. I don't know when i'll next be down that far and want to make the most of my trip.
The DH track will be closed from the 21st of August for prep and until the weekend after the Champs, so opened again on the 12th. There'll be vehicles removing stands, fencing and equipment and people on the track removing poles, bunting, etc etc.
If you don't want to waste your Monday and Tuesday you could volunteer to help pull everything down!

During that time the areas not used in the Champs will be able to be ridden though.

Thanks to the dozen or so people who came out yesterday to help out on track work, spectator access down both sides of the DH track is much improved, including the rock garden. There's another session on the 11th of July, see the CORC website for details.

noballz

Likes Dirt
thanks all. so its like the olympics. as it only happens once a year and you have to be selected it means more to the riders, teams, and sponsors.

i am also sorry, but i feel that there has been a misunderstanding. i wasnt having a go at anyone for charging. as i am not financing the event or even running it, it is not my place to whinge. i am sure there are plenty of others who will :p

digger

Likes Dirt
Tix were meant to go on sale today (Monday 29th June) through Ticketek. but I can't find anything. anyone else having the same problem or am I a retard and not navigating the site properly

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Tix were meant to go on sale today (Monday 29th June) through Ticketek. but I can't find anything. anyone else having the same problem or am I a retard and not navigating the site properly
I've been looking on all related sites and having found squat. They better get 'em out soon or I will assume they are letting us in for nothing...........

dh1

Likes Dirt
Was wlaking past ticketek today so I thought i would go and ask when tickets will be on sale, she replied there is no confirmed date as to when they will be for sale.

Rohan Hammond

Likes Bikes
Places to stay for Canberra World Champs.

Quality Inn Woden http://www.choicehotels.com.au/hotels/hotel?hotel=AU545&cid=gglocal- 10 Mins drive to Stromlo also has a major bus interchage which i think will be running busses out to WC.
Statesman Hotel Curtain - http://www.statesman.com.au/ - 10 Mins drive to Stromlo (bottel shop attached) Restaurants and Supermarket locted 2 mins walk.
Stromlo form Canberra city is only 15 mins so any where in there will be fine and it has alot more night life than areas isted above.

See link below for City hotels:
http://www.wotif.com/search/Advance...atingMatch=&maximumPrice=&isoCurrencyCode=AUD