2009 Rock Shox World Cup Boxxers

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
It would be nice to see similar treatment and upgrades on the Totem
Quite possible that they're already on their way..in NWD 9 Kirt Voreis is running some forks on his Nomad that look like they have similar travel to Totems but the overall look is quite different and they're stickered up with blackbox stickers...I could be wrong about this though...

joshrides

Likes Dirt
im hoping that once these come in stock everyone will be getting rid of there old WC forks beacuse i want a pair, but only if i can save up enough:D

Rennie's Fork

I heard a rumour that Rennie runs a coil instead of air cartridge in his new 2010 boxxers.

I heard this is because of his weight?

Why wouldn't the air cartridge be sufficent?

Can any one confirm or deny?

L1nDen

Likes Bikes
2009 world cup rock shox boxxers are a mad type of fork. Rock Shox and Fox i believe to be the best shox and the most reliable... Fox hav Fox 40's which are mad shox for downhill ridin and Rock Shox has boxxer w/c and totems.. :):):)

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2009 world cup rock shox boxxers are a mad type of fork. Rock Shox and Fox i believe to be the best shox and the most reliable... Fox hav Fox 40's which are mad shox for downhill ridin and Rock Shox has boxxer w/c and totems.. :):):)
Wow thanks for that usefull piece of information.:rolleyes:

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good review. I like how the focus was on the design features of the fork.

I am partial to the Fox 40's myself as I like the stiffness. Smaller forks really show their flexibility when you are a 100kg Clydesdale.

I found it interesting that they settled on 35mm so as to not make the forks too stiff! never heard anyone complaining of too stiff forks before!

Jzx90

Likes Dirt
Noticed today one of the bigger internet bike parts places has May as the date the world cups will be in stock :/

driftking

Wheel size expert
accorrding to sram these boxxers in the review are classed as the 2010 not 09,the 09 ones were the ones that came out in red etc..
these bigger 35mm ones are the 2010, i understand it doesnt make alot of sense. you can see this in the video link posted previously in this post where it says these 2010 boxxer will be out early 2009.

Last edited:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good review. I like how the focus was on the design features of the fork.

I am partial to the Fox 40's myself as I like the stiffness. Smaller forks really show their flexibility when you are a 100kg Clydesdale.

I found it interesting that they settled on 35mm so as to not make the forks too stiff! never heard anyone complaining of too stiff forks before!
The size is a storm in a tea cup.

If the 32mm and 35mm are good enough for blokes the size of Rennie and Steve Peat then the should be fine for you too.

You think about how many world cups have been won with the 32mm boxxers. Far Far more than Fox.

toodles

Wheel size expert
The size is a storm in a tea cup.

If the 32mm and 35mm are good enough for blokes the size of Rennie and Steve Peat then the should be fine for you too
I still laugh at the internet guys bagging Boxxers as 'flexy' when there's a bunch of giant World Cup riders smashing up the hardest tracks in the world on the same fork with no complaints.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
I still laugh at the internet guys bagging Boxxers as 'flexy' when there's a bunch of giant World Cup riders smashing up the hardest tracks in the world on the same fork with no complaints.

beefcake beefcake!!!!!!;):)
it comes as personal preference, I like the stiffness & tuning of my fox 40's, but I think rockshox have may found the inbetween compromise of reasonable stiffness & a decent tunable fork, but until I have a go on one I could just be talking utter shit.
mainly basing this opinion on having a go on 32mm rockshox boxxers.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not saying they aren't good. I'm saying I prefer the stiffer forks.
Wouldn't the Pro guys also get sponsored to use certain products?
How much do you weigh?

Last edited: