2009 Santa Cruz V10 Frame (damaged) SOLD

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
I have for sale the following,

Santa Cruz V10 purchased new february this year 2009
Size - Medium
Colour - Anodised Blue
Rear Shox - Fox DHX 5.0, spring 550lb

Now, its damaged but not that bad, i hit a tree and have bent the rear swing arm where it mounts to the carbon fibre upper link, the carbon fibre upper link is also damaged, where the bearing mounts inside it has also been stressed.
The ISCG Tabs, one of the welds is cracked, but again not major to repair.

Your Choices - either find someone whom can repair the swing arm?
Buy a new rear swing arm?
Buy a new Carbon upper link?
Its up to you, but at over $4000 large for a new frame, i have had quotes for a new swing arm at $1250 & the upper link at $250, thats $1500 for new parts.
Price -
I want $1250 as is - cheap i reackon, as its not that bad.
Pics - Yes
Location - Brisbane North
Contact - PM or Email at smoked.ham@hotmail.com or Mob: 0429 083 454
The rest of the frame is all good too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have for sale the following,

Santa Cruz V10 purchased new february this year 2009
Size - Medium
Colour - Anodised Blue
Rear Shox - Fox DHX 5.0, spring 550lb

Now, its damaged but not that bad, i hit a tree and have bent the rear swing arm where it mounts to the carbon fibre upper link, the carbon fibre upper link is also damaged, where the bearing mounts inside it has also been stressed.
The ISCG Tabs, one of the welds is cracked, but again not major to repair.

Your Choices - either find someone whom can repair the swing arm?
Buy a new rear swing arm?
Buy a new Carbon upper link?
Its up to you, but at over $4000 large for a new frame, i have had quotes for a new swing arm at $1250 & the upper link at $250, thats $1500 for new parts....The rest of the frame is all good too.
I read this and thought 'is he serious?'.
I mean, half the frame's shot, and who knows really how good the front half is - considering the ISCG tabs also need repair.
Shock might be knackered too, after a hit (or more) that's enough to do that damage...
So you might spend the better part of $3000 on it only to find it's still not good.
Hate to say it, but I'd consider this frame a write-off...

jawry

Likes Dirt
Caveat Emptor?

......as they say 'caveat emptor'

May i suggest that you have a reputable bike shop (or frame repair company like Gripsport) give you an independent assessment (in writting) which you can send to prospective buyers.

Nothing like full disclosure to assist a happy transacation.

My 2 cents worth (and a free bump)

cheers,

jawry

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
an easy way to do this would be to find out the cost of a new front triangle, plus the shock and slice of some of the price (2nd hand) and all the broken shit comes free.

shiznik

Banned
an easy way to do this would be to find out the cost of a new front triangle, plus the shock and slice of some of the price (2nd hand) and all the broken shit comes free.
Keep in mind he may end up slicing more than just some of the price, as the thing's cracked.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah its a pity but I think seller should consider writing it off and hanging it on the wall..

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Come on Guys you don't know what your talking about, the early 08/09 V10's has the ISCG Tabs spot welded, and were prone to cracking at the spot welds that hold the tabs on, not the actual front frame! "Crikey"
i know of three V10's that have had the ISCG Tabs removed after taking a hit to the bash guard, and simply just run the old style E13 SRS Guides now so no big deal really.

As for the shock its perfect!

As i have already said, rear swing arm & carbon fibre upper link is all that is required to bring this back like new again, plus hey! i like to think that as an older Rider i don't bullshit people either.

This is a bargin for someone whom wants a V10.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Which side of the bike hit the tree?

I'm confused, as the chainring is bent, yet so if the frame on the non drive side :confused:

If you want to sell this bike, you need to be 110% honest with us.

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Which side of the bike hit the tree?

I'm confused, as the chainring is bent, yet so if the frame on the non drive side :confused:

If you want to sell this bike, you need to be 110% honest with us.
I thought this was a for sale thread, not a bitch session! are you going to buy it dude or are you just waisting my time and screwing with my post :mad:

Everything is how it looks and how i have already said, if interested come take a look - i leave it at that.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sale is totally legit - tire kicking opinioned idiots go post on Pinkbike.

Original post couldn't be more up front if he tried... quotes are genuine... from LBS.

You guys need to go and read the site rules on damaging a sellers chance of making a sale - or at least show some courtesy and use the PM system.

Smoked Ham's arse or feet didn't even come off the bike in the crash, that's how mellow it was... He rode it out...

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Sale is totally legit - tire kicking opinioned idiots go post on Pinkbike.

Original post couldn't be more up front if he tried... quotes are genuine... from LBS.

You guys need to go and read the site rules on damaging a sellers chance of making a sale - or at least show some courtesy and use the PM system.

Smoked Ham's arse or feet didn't even come off the bike in the crash, that's how mellow it was... He rode it out...
Thanks man, F8ck! its hard on here sometimes :confused:

dobbers

Likes Bikes
yeah well said "eyes" I reckon i could strapp on my parts tomoz and ride it all day at Illinbah on Sunday as is no worries .

tumble

Likes Dirt
I've seen this frame & it's worth what Ham's asking. Everything is exactly as he's said. Your not talking about a dodgey 17 year old seller here. all damage has been explained & photo's given. If you're not happy with the info, use the PM system to ask for more information or more photos to clear up your concerns. If you have no intent on purchasing & just want to try & be a know-it-all wanna-be engineer & put your un-wanted feedback into the thread then shut the fuck up.

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
come on guys, he listed everything that is wrong with it and clearly stated the seriousnes of the damage. He would be feeling pretty down about having broken his new 09 v10 frame (worth more than my current whole bike) already making him have to get rid of it and only be able to sell for a price this low, no need to fill his thread with insults. I know I have no idea what Im talking about next to you guys but I realy feel sorry for the guy.

Last edited:

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
probably a very stupid question and I doubt that it would, but would this work with an 06 v10 swingarm?

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Is it still rideable?
Yeah you could still ride it if you wanted, bearing in mind the upper link could one day let go? and the little bend in the rear swing arm might end up cracking i would guess after a while.

If I were keeping it I would consider having an engineering company who specializes in alloy look at it, maybe they could straighten it & gusset it?

flatbeat

Likes Bikes
bargain for a v10, seems to be a simple enough repair job. Also lul at the nub crying about the broken ISCG tabs shows how little he knows about v10s. Def worth looking at and weighing up the repair costs.

free bump!