2009 Solo 24hr Worlds

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
2009 24Hrs of Adrenalin World Solo 24Hr Championships

All over bar the shouting. We're out at the event site doing a final equipment cleanup.

The solo categories were all presented at the awards night on Sunday night at The Goat here in Canmore. I have added an album for last night, so here is the consolidate package of links, and I have repeated the final results below as well.

Pre Race Photos

Race Photos

Presentation Night Photos

It was great to see Tony Hogg from NZ at the presentation night. Jason and Tony really battled it out for the first half of the race. Tony spent a fair bit of time under medical care after collapsing on-course during the race. All looks good for him and we hope to see him (and a few more Kiwis) in Canberra next year.

Attachments

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Rider Graphs

Here are the race speed-time-laps graphs for Elite Men and Elite Women from the race. You can see:
. the criss-crossing between the top 3 men until Tony Hogg withdrew,
. how Andy Fellows and Rebecca Rusch basically rode it alone within their categories,
. the criss-crossing between places 2/3/4 in the women,
. Jess Douglas' fade in the last 6 hours,
. how Jason English pulled away from Cary Smith after sunrise, and
. how Karen Foat's consistent pace saw her overtake 2 riders later in the race.

In the graph for the U25 Men, you can see how New Zealand's Thomas Lindup:
. falls slightly behind at the start (flat tyre),
. takes the lead after about 6 hours,
. opens up the lead over the next 11 hours, and
. crashes and burns when his digestive system comes apart on him.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Here are the race speed-time-laps graphs for Elite Men and Elite Women from the race. You can see:
Hey thanks for this - pretty interesting stuff. Just makes me more annoyed to read though... was doin OK until about hour 3 then the dehydration and cramps destroyed me with bugger all happening between hours 4 - 15 and then a line that looks ok from hour 15-24 and a bit.... note to self... listen to body!

Coulda shoulda woulda... oh well... there's always next year :(

Le Matelot

Race Speed-Time-Laps Graphs for All World Solo Categories

They are all in this document at 1 per page - with a couple of categories with the men and women on the same page if there were low numbers and non-conflicting lines.

Attachments

Last edited: