2009 XC Bikes

taylorc

Likes Bikes
Hey does anyone know when the 2009 range of bikes come out. Sauser was on a Prototype S-works at worlds thats a sign that they could be out soon.

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The low end bikes will start to come out from now, but the high end ones won't come out until between September and February. Specialized didn't want Sauser riding that bike as it wasn't ready, if it's not ready for him to ride for a single race it's going to still be a fair way off production.

casper99

Likes Dirt
the new giants DJ and sport range has come out and i think a few other brands are starting to get a few things out.

Are you gettin a new one?

Mooy

Likes Bikes
New scotts's are about to drop in the next month or so, not much change on this years models though.

scalpel

Likes Bikes
New Stuff.

As already posted by Some Guy !

The new stuff starts to trickle in from August but the really good stuff generally takes until the new year - due to the fact that most initial runs on the higher end models get sold out o/s before they even reach OZ.

It should be a good new season this time around as our dollar is bringing costs down, and the demand from the mtb community has never been higher. I would urge all new buyers to really put the pressure on for a deal - I know for a fact that you can save, but only if you ask !!

scalpel

Likes Bikes
Ahhhh production, the joys of what the manufacturer will tell the importer they hope to deliver.

When models remain unchanged it is easier to get the goods. And generally you know you are on a good thing with the Scott stuff.

I am not sure about all the brands and different models - but what about the new "dale" RIZE - looks awesome - not sure when it is supposed to be in OZ but would love to get a ride !

Robb

Likes Dirt
The Rize is already in Australia.
I took a Rize 3 out for a test ride last week at Stromlo. Am a big fan, climbed well and was also allot of fun going down. Dont really have anything to compare it against though... as I have a salsa, which is different.

pistol

Likes Dirt
As already posted by Some Guy !

It should be a good new season this time around as our dollar is bringing costs down, and the demand from the mtb community has never been higher. I would urge all new buyers to really put the pressure on for a deal - I know for a fact that you can save, but only if you ask !!
Thats intresting information as it is against what most importers are saying about the cost of bikes.. apparently the 09 bike's could see a 20% increase as O/S companys are not locking prices in.

Cheers

24seven

Likes Dirt
Thats intresting information as it is against what most importers are saying about the cost of bikes.. apparently the 09 bike's could see a 20% increase as O/S companys are not locking prices in.

Cheers
This is also what I have been told. Demand for resources, better pay/conditions for factory workers in China/Taiwan plus the strong Aussie dollar will put most bike prices up.