2010 Boxxers - 40mm travel!!

my02

Likes Dirt
After 3 runs at Ourimbah yesterday, my Boxxer Teams stopped compressing anything more than about 40mms.

When I push down, they feel as they they are stopping against something (rather than a gradual pressure build up).

My friend (novice rider) was using the bike at the time and didn't hit anything big. They worked fine for the first 3 runs then as I was about to use the bike, I noticed the problem.

They were given a full service back in late January before 3 days at Thredbo. Since then, they have only had 2 runs at Oxford Falls and have been fine.

I've search on here and Googled but can't see anything.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Rebound seal on the dampener shaft has perished causing a hydraulic lock. Unscrew the bolts on the bottom of your lowers, drain the oil, remove lowers and then replace the seal in the bottom of the fork leg.

my02

Likes Dirt
Wow!

Thanks for the quick response.

Not being the most technical person, is that seal something that I could have expected to be sorted during the recent service?

Cheers

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I wouldn't be able to tell you. I'm not too sure as to whether that seal is included in the rebuild kits you buy.

It won't be hard to fix just have a good set of circlip pliers to remove the lock ring on the bottom of the stanchion

I have the same problem, except with 08 Boxxer WC solo airs. what is it going to cost to have the dampener seals replaced? or can I do it myself?

Also, I have been told that the air spring in the solo airs needs a lot of maintenance (serviced every few months), is this true? should I consider swapping the air spring with a coil spring?