2010 Careflight Woodford to Glenbrook

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
So does this race include the single track from the gates after the down hill from the helli pad? or just through the gates and down the firetrail?
I'd imagine 650 bikes down the single track might get a bit congested and torn up.
Where exactly is the Euroka clearing? I've only ever gone down the single track to the tarred carpark and down to the causeway.
Cheers.

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
So does this race include the single track from the gates after the down hill from the helli pad? or just through the gates and down the firetrail?
I'd imagine 650 bikes down the single track might get a bit congested and torn up.
Where exactly is the Euroka clearing? I've only ever gone down the single track to the tarred carpark and down to the causeway.
Cheers.
Not 100% sure, but I think they go down Bennetts Ridge firetrail to Euroka.

See this map.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-33.80148&lon=150.60649&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt

lounge lizard

Likes Bikes
I was hoping to do this race on the "half-bike" with my young daughter. As we are two riders but only one bike, how do I enter for that as just me or with her as well??? I know someone here did that last year so any clarification appreciated!!!
You enter her as well,

I've done this twice now with my young bloke, not sure if its necessary but he gets a buzz out of getting his own number and time etc........

A word of advice too...shinpads......you'd be amazed at how many stones a bke tyre can throw up at speed......saves some tears.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You enter her as well,

I've done this twice now with my young bloke, not sure if its necessary but he gets a buzz out of getting his own number and time etc........

A word of advice too...shinpads......you'd be amazed at how many stones a bke tyre can throw up at speed......saves some tears.
I think I spoke to you once about it at the start line. I'm hoping my daughter still wants to do it because she is enjoying mountain biking on own bike so much now... having her own number should help.

Yes shinpads and goggles... need to remember them.

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Having it go down the singletrack, included mini moab would make it less roadie like......
Yeah but you can do that anytime. How often do you get to scream down firetrail and draft other riders at the same time? I've always finished this race on a massive adrenaline high - why would you want to spoil that?

Plus the singletrack would get awful chewed up not too mention the real once a year riders would probably hurt themselves.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Don't forget the Crossflight Cup

For the Last 3 years we've been running an unofficial 'cross category so here we go again. Word is the course is hard and fast and the potential is there to break Johny Hardwick's race record from before the interweb was invented.

There are two steps for entry, first you have to enter the secondary event known as the Woodford to Glenbrook Careflight Challenge. Making it possibly the biggest half day off-road cycling & running event on that day in Australia if not the world. Enter here

Secondly you need make yourself known myself on the day and present your bike for scrutineering.

A few Simple rules;
a. Drop bars compulsory[2]
b. Tyres - width no more than a nominal 35mm[3]
c. No disc brakes, [4]
d. Scratching, biting & kicking are allowed
e. Consideration of variation to rules a, b & c above will be considered on an individual basis on presentation of a bribe to myself

Prizes
There wont be prizes. Categories will include the following
1st Male 'Crosser across the line
1st Female 'Crosser across the line
1st crossdressed 'Crosser across the line
Best Crossdressed 'Crosser across the line
The Faerie Queen for the Most punctured

Alchemist - Crossflight Cup winner 08 & 09

1. Or possibly hijack...
2. You want flat bars go race one of those candy a$$ mountain bikes
3. You want cusshy soft tyres go race one of those candy a$$ mountain bikes
4. You want to be able to slow down on the hill before Suicide corner go race one of those candy a$$ mountain bikes.
5. Actually we dont need no stinking prizes