2010 Commencal Supreme DH or Transition tr450?

MINI_FANG

Likes Dirt
well, after talking to my parents, they're willing to buy me a brand new bike if i commit to school and work my ass off. I am a big fan of the new Supreme DH's that come with the 2010 boXXers. Does any one have an idea of a ruff price of one?
The same with the Transition tr450. any ideas on a price?

carpo

Likes Bikes
well, after talking to my parents, they're willing to buy me a brand new bike if i commit to school and work my ass off. I am a big fan of the new Supreme DH's that come with the 2010 boXXers. Does any one have an idea of a ruff price of one?
your farkin lucky as i so wish my parents would even gave me a little bit of money towards a new bike

lobstar

Likes Dirt
Last years commencals came out around $10,000 as a complete, so i would suggest that as a ball park figure.
The tr450, from what i hear is still in testing and may take a while to come out, maybe not something to hold your breath on.
The other bikes i would suggest thats a high end complete like this is the 951 complete that is rumoured to be coming out soon, there is a thead on mtbr is your interested, apparently not to pricey either (though thats america, over here there would be more added costs). The Trek session 88 is a really nice bike at that price range as well.
If you live in Sydney and your looking at spending that much money maybe try and get down the the bike shed mortdale, they do great builds are great prices (there blog has a top of the line yeti 303 for $9,000)

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commencal supreme dh frames come in at under 4k, so your better off buying a frameset and building it up then paying the rediculous price for a complete one.

Personally, I'd go with the commencal.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I thought my $1800 Stinky was lucky!
Personally I could go for the Transition, because it looks the look.
But I think that the Commencal is probably a better bike.
And, I've gotta ask. How are you gunna commit to school and work hard and study all day and all of the night, if there is a brand new Commencal/Transition to be ridden?

Go for a Session 10 Trek. Second hand you might pick one up for a pretty good price. Shove on some 40's and you have the worlds most bombproof tank of a bike ever invented:p.

EDIT: Beaten to the Trek suggestion. But yer, what about the new Sessions?

Last edited:

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having supportive parents is great isn't it. i've got the exact deal going with my folks. and have recently recieved a new Dh bike. :D

Neither the Transition or Commencal is a very light frame, but that's not everything. But i would suggest buying which ever one you want, but as a frame, then building it up nicley to your liking. If you shop right and buy some cheap things from overseas you can end up with a very nice build for a good deal.

dek_norco

Likes Dirt
i would go for the furious by commencal i like the frame design more than the supreme, but definitly go the tr450 looks brilliant or take into consideration the trek, also the solids look really good sethius but if i had your parents i would look into a banshee legend

or banshee scythe

but put them all up against each other and see which one you like more

Spanners

Likes Bikes
Definately the Commencal

I already have 2 of the 2010 Supreme DH Commencals on order. This year they come equipped with 2010 Boxxers, Saint Gears, FOX Rear shock, E13 chain guide, Avid Elixr brakes and an awesome looking orange colour frame - all for around the $5,000 mark. We ran the 2009 Supreme DH bikes last season and loved everything about them, particularly how easy it was to set them up for the individual rider. :D

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I already have 2 of the 2010 Supreme DH Commencals on order. This year they come equipped with 2010 Boxxers, Saint Gears, FOX Rear shock, E13 chain guide, Avid Elixr brakes and an awesome looking orange colour frame - all for around the $5,000 mark. We ran the 2009 Supreme DH bikes last season and loved everything about them, particularly how easy it was to set them up for the individual rider. :D
May i ask "who" are you? :eek: You sound like a team owner?

chillywilly

Likes Dirt
Gee rides one. :p
Yer, good ol' George Atherton, doesn't really ride a Commencal, more of a bike with a head angle as slack as a sloth.

Also Hazza6452, you have said that you would get a bike because of its looks, even tho you said that the other one is better, have said that he should get a bike that isn't even made anymore and then asked "what about the new sessions"

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yer, good ol' George Atherton, doesn't really ride a Commencal, more of a bike with a head angle as slack as a sloth.

Also Hazza6452, you have said that you would get a bike because of its looks, even tho you said that the other one is better, have said that he should get a bike that isn't even made anymore and then asked "what about the new sessions"
Yer I have made a bad point there sorry.
Firstly, I'm a huge fan of the Session 10's and said he should get a second hand one. As for the transition, I only said I would get it for its looks is because at the end of the day, is there going to be saying to yourself " Damn this Transition TR450 isnt as good as the Commencal" or are you going to just enjoy riding an already kickass bike?
And i posted the comment about the Session 10 before the Session 88 was posted, and being a fan of the 10 more i did not consider the 88's.
Sorry for any confusion guys.
But seriously go for a session...

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think your parents would be able to afford either bike.

Look at something like the Alines, Glorys, etc. Perfectly good bikes without the massive price tag.

Last edited: